Zuppa Toscana Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Can't wait till spring when we are heading to SC to scope out some possible retirement areas.
You might not want to be here today, it's 17℉ this morning. We just don't get those kinds of temps, but if you move here, let me know and we'll go fishing...🎣

Reactions: clifish
Brian that soup looks fantastic! . As you know I use turnips a fair bit in my mashes and soups. Locally I can't get turnips and in this weather I haven't felt like driving 40 minutes to get them. Gotta have soup in this weather though. I've made two batches of soups in the last two weeks and used red radishes in them for the potato sub. Just halve or quarter them. I pan fry them with onions prior to adding to the pot of cooking soup. Even lower in carbs and hard to tell it's not potatoes in soup.

Brian that soup looks fantastic! . As you know I use turnips a fair bit in my mashes and soups. Locally I can't get turnips and in this weather I haven't felt like driving 40 minutes to get them. Gotta have soup in this weather though. I've made two batches of soups in the last two weeks and used red radishes in them for the potato sub. Just halve or quarter them. I pan fry them with onions prior to adding to the pot of cooking soup. Even lower in carbs and hard to tell it's not potatoes in soup.
Rutabagas work well, too...

Reactions: jcam222
Good root vegetable for sure but quite a bit higher in carbs than the turnips or radishes.
Rutabagas are sweeter and while we like them all, my wife is especially fond of rutabagas. Turnips, like around you, can be difficult to find...

Rutabagas are sweeter and while we like them all, my wife is especially fond of rutabagas. Turnips, like around you, can be difficult to find...
I modified my response but you were quick on the trigger lol. They really aren't a whole lot higher than net carbs in turnips. Turnips around 6 net per cubed cup and rutabaga 8 or so. Definitely doable to work into a low carb dish you are right. Radishes work great in soups at around 4 next per cup.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Sounds good Brian, Glad your having a better run on the food now.
Did you post these , I must have missed them.

DSavid
I listen to a DVD concert every week. I miss going to see bands but just to $$$ now a days so I buy the DVD's and watch at home. I have a pretty good system. Today's is Nickelback from your country. May not be your kind of music but they jam! I pretty open when in comes to music. It a huge part of my life.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
It's perfect!

Cauliflower is another option. You can even use the thickest part of the stems.

I like it with collards or spinach. Other half likes kale. It's the only way I can eat kale - I hate that stuff.

I listen to a DVD concert every week. I miss going to see bands but just to $$$ now a days so I buy the DVD's and watch at home. I have a pretty good system. Today's is Nickelback from your country. May not be your kind of music but they jam! I pretty open when in comes to music. It a huge part of my life.
I hear you on the price of going to see the bands and the crowds I don't miss.
I listen to almost any music, country new and old first then the rest just fit in everywhere. depending on the day and the mood. :emoji_sunglasses:

One day I could be listening to Hank Williams Senior, then Alice Cooper " The quite Room " album. Then right back to Goose Creek Symphony.
So that is why I say I am all over the place with music , ha ha ( I know a few Nickleback songs , but Rush I like better , Or BTO had a bunch of good music also.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky