Zombie Eggs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chickenwings

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 10, 2019
I love Pickled eggs...well I like them a LOT. Thought I'd share my go to recipe here and see what it might bring up from you all in terms of your favorites to stir some motivation in me!
Today I ended up with zombie eggs....

Bring a half cup of vinegar and a half cup of water to a boil with:
1 tsp pickling spice
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of sugar
One half of a large peeled garlic clove
A clove or two...or three...how do you feel about cloves?

Allow to cool a bit then pour over your dozen eggs in the jar. Let them sit for a week and then enjoy!

You may wish to strain the brine before before adding to the eggs or not. I don't the only down side is that where the cloves touch the eggs they can leave a dark spot on them. I don't get a 'clove taste' from those eggs but YMMV.

Today I did up some with some Jalapeno hot sauce.... I'll let you know how they came out in a week or so.
IMG_6709.JPG

Sounds good. Was expecting some crazy yellow/green color, food coloring, in the brine...JJ

I meant Zombie Green, more like these...JJ

Borrowed from Google Images.
1603562819162.png

I went back to see if there was a recipe. The picture was taken by a Reddit member that found the jar of green eggs in a Lunch Refer at work. I suspect it's a Vinegar and Spices Pickling Brine with green food coloring added for fun...JJ

Reactions: Chickenwings
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky