Yup! More Salmon Nuggies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
It's been 4 months since I smoked some Salmon and since the wife and I will be on a few boats for the next 3-4 months, thought it would be best to create some more Salmon nuggets to hand out while on the boat. A favorite for so many deck hands.

With 7.75# of Salmon which the wife and I catch, did the basic dry brine of 4/1 ratio of dark brown sugar over non iodized salt. Brined for 4+ hours. Smoked starting at 125f ending at 145f, over a 4 hour period.

On racks, room drying after being brined.
IMG_1530.JPG

Into my MES40 with a mailbox mod and powered by an Auber PID controller. Using my favorite digital thermometer, the Thermoworks Smoke.
IMG_1534.JPG
IMG_1535.JPG

Finished product:
IMG_1536.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys. They're such great pill poppers for so many while on the boat. Some take a bite and their rod suddenly goes off. So fun. This next week I need to smoke some tails and filets and share them along with cream cheese and crackers.

For the excess nuggets, I will vacuum seal them in 5 oz sealers, to share later on.

Looks great as always. I need to make some. I am out. I have to buy my salmon thou.

Looks great! I was supposed to go out on a charter on Lake Ontario. I was going to make salmon nuggets and lox with what I caught. I’ll have to stare at these a little longer now.

Like!

very nice, congrats on the ride.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky