Yes,,,more Salmon nuggets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
It’s been 9 months since I smoked Salmon nuggets, so I thought it was time for more especially since I had no more to eat. So here ya go.
Brined in a Salt/Sugar mix for 4 hours. Rinsed and dried for 2 hours. smoked from 125 to 145 degrees over a 3.5 hour span.

And yes, this is Salmon which the wife and I caught.

MES40 with Auber PID and mailbox mod. Oh yeah!
4895F8C0-87EE-4C84-90A2-42B4819AB8AA.jpeg

342DB173-9239-4DCB-9334-8961F272FC77.jpeg

NUGGIES!!
E89395A4-D86B-4EEE-AB0B-115E3564448A.jpeg

OMG, I give so much fish away, especially on the boats to fellow fish buddies, that will not last me very long indeed.

Nice!!! Tasty little nuggets. I had some salmon planned on just pan frying this week. It was rainy and cold on the river that day and on way home picked up some Enchilada's on way home to warm my insides. Salmon still needed to be cooked so just threw it in the smoker. Found out that smoked salmon really does need to be brined.

Reactions: Hijack73
Looks fantastic Craig.

Point for sure
Chris

That last pic of the pile of nuggets looks amazingly delicious! I'd love to try something like that.
How, and how long, can you store them? How long do they keep?
Also any favorite dips etc. for when you eat them :)
I keep scrolling back to that picture and imagining a toothpick in my hand...

Being that I always make a bunch, I typically vacuum seal them in small pouches (average 5 oz per bag) which go into the freezer for future chow downs. Typically no dips for I just share a couple bags worth on the boat when the wife and I go Salmon fishing.

Some nice work there Craig, smoked pink and the ocean are about the only things I miss since we left CA. Will there be a season this year, my Half Moon Bay buds seem a little skeptical. RAY

Ray,
No Salmon season this year and I really don’t think we will see it next year as well. Argh!

Of all the delicious looking morsels posted on this phenomenal forum, I'm voting for these for post of the year!

I don't eat enough salmon. It's one of my favorite foods yet I pass it by in the grocery stores most of the time because a fillet is 30$ around here. I live in the promised land for butts and chucks, but fish? It's like unicorn tears expensive.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky