You won’t believe what I got for $25

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's a awesome score Al. I will have to reach out to you to see how to change the grease . Ours is 15 years old.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Always fun to find the deal! Even better when you have the skills to fix it. Strong work.

Sweet Al! Delivered too!

Awesome find .

Score

Chris

Thanks guys!!
Al

Nice score Al, I have always wanted one with all the attachments but it is just too big to store for the amount of use it would get.

We have a bigger one that Judy uses all the time, 2-3 times a week. But this smaller one will be great for small things like the cinnamon buns.
Al
Now THAT'S what I call a good deal!

You got that right Jeff, I just happened to be the first one to see it. There were a bunch of people who wanted it, but she said I was first & could have it.
Al

Nice Score, Al !!
Nice looking Buns too!!
Yum!!
Like.

Bear.

Thanks Bear, the buns were killer good!
Al

Great Find Al. Those buns look to die for! I got my dried starter going good and it doubled this morning but not sure going to have time today to make SD. Need to do today to have ready for breakfast saturday but think just going to go down to the river for some beer and a fire. I can always make Judy's Rye tomorrow. It only takes a few hours and is always good.

Thanks Brian, she’s making a loaf right now with that new mixer. I think she likes her old one better. The old one is a tank!!
Al

Hell of a deal Al! Great find!

love good deals and you got one!!! congrats!

I would've paid $25 just for the extra thumb screw, cover plate, bowl, and whisk.

crap I would pay 25 for the cin buns! Nice score!

Heck of a steal there. Hope you feel maybe a little guilty. And Im sure those cin buns help to assuage that guilt! I know they'd make me feel better.
Jim

Nice deal, new to you mixer and cinnamon buns , you are a lucky man, lol

Great score

David

You did good, Al. That's the same model I bought in 1980 for about $150. And it still works like new.

Your a lucky son of a gun for certain. I paid $200 for mine just 2 years ago. Great score excellent mixer too.

I have one that I will NEVER sell or give away! I use it for grinding and stuffing Italian sausages.

That's awesome Al!

Ryan

What a nice score Al! Don't remember for sure what we gave for ours, but probably $300 or more.

And those buns look terrific!

Red

Thanks a lot fellas!
Al

Reactions: DRKsmoking
A great deal like that could not have happened to a better guy. Enjoy.

Thanks Colin!
Al

That's a awesome score Al. I will have to reach out to you to see how to change the grease . Ours is 15 years old.

Thanks Adam, this time was easy, because I have done it before. But just like everything else I learned how to do it on a YouTube video. The most important thing is to use real tacky grease. A lot of videos said to use food grade grease, but there is no way that the grease can get to the food. So I used “Red & tacky”. Did our other one about 4 years ago & it works fine. Easy way to tell if the grease is breaking down is to slide the ring off (flat head screwdriver) that is just above the paddle. If there is oil in there then it’s time to change the grease. They say it should be done every 5 years or so. Our old one went 25 years, until I changed it. And it does make a big difference in the way it runs!
Al

Great deal, I stole one about 15 years ago. They knew what it was worth just too big for them.

Great score! Congrats!

Always fun to find the deal! Even better when you have the skills to fix it. Strong work.

Great score! Nice buns too!

Great score, but your repair knowledge is what made it possible! Sweet!

Thanks fellas! YouTube education here!
Al

Mighty happy for you--those have gotten real expensive lately.
And thanks for the maintenance tip. I really thought those kitchenaids run forever.

Great score Al and them buns look killer

Nice find Al. Good job on the repair and cinnamon buns.

Rob

Thanks Rob!
Al

Awesome, probably should have bought a lottery ticket the other day, :emoji_wink:

Thanks , and you are right I should have bought one!
Al

$25 isn't a deal, Al, it's a steal. I paid $300 for my KA over a year ago.
Gary

Yea, I get it Gary, Just really lucked out on this one!
Al
Mighty happy for you--those have gotten real expensive lately.
And thanks for the maintenance tip. I really thought those kitchenaids run forever.

They do run forever, but changing the grease is critical to keep them rumnning. You won’t believe how much grease is in the gear box.
Al

Great score Al and them buns look killer

Thanks Jerry, and yes the buns were killer. We gave most of them away to the neighbors, can’t eat like I used to!
Al

Reactions: bill1
The plastic meat grinder attachment is junk. They used to be made of metal. Took me awhile but I finally found a NOS one on eBay. Nice find. They are great mixers.
s-l1600.jpg

We've got 2 of them; one about 25 yrs old and a new bigger one with the lift. Excellent machines. Don't have the heart to part with the old one as it's still like brand new! You'll enjoy it, now to collect some attachments.

The plastic meat grinder attachment is junk. They used to be made of metal. Took me awhile but I finally found a NOS one on eBay. Nice find. They are great mixers.View attachment 647337

The attachment we use the most is the pasta maker. I have a dedicated grinder & stuffer, so this is just a mixer for us. But if yo don’t have the pasta maker, then I would suggest you get one. Very high quality!
Al

We've got 2 of them; one about 25 yrs old and a new bigger one with the lift. Excellent machines. Don't have the heart to part with the old one as it's still like brand new! You'll enjoy it, now to collect some attachments.

Have several of their attachments, but like said above the one we use the most is the pasta maker. Fresh pasta is so easy to make with this attachment. We think we will probably use the big old one most of the time, but this is a nice backup!
Al
Al

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky