You Asked For Them: 3 More Quick Griddle Meals (W / Pics Of Course)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Y'all must be gluttons for punishment and keep asking for these threads. Oh well, I keep cooking them, you keep asking, so Ill keep posting till one the admins yells at me :emoji_wink: The first one was a spoof on a thread posted by John ( SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ) a couple weeks back. What he posted is one of my favorite meals in the world, but I love Asian inspired food almost as much as I love steak, Mexican, and Italian food. This is beef and broccoli with fried rice (come on Bear...let's hear it buddy :emoji_laughing:) It was all done on the griddle except for the initial cook on the rice, which was done in the steamer the day before and this was left over.

Cook some onions and broccoli. When they start to soften I put them in a bowl off to the side to add later
003.jpg

Get the rice going with a nice dose of sesame oil
004.jpg

Add the peas, carrots, and a dash of teriyaki to the rice, mix up, then put the meat on. Meat was tossed with corn starch prior to hitting the flat top
006.jpg

Add broccoli and onions to the meat and slowly add the sauce till you have the desired consistency. Sauce was low sodium soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar. Did not measure, just added stuff till it tasted good
007.jpg

VIOLA!! A super tasty 15 minute meal.
010.jpg

Now we're gonna do a combination of two favorite cooking styles: griddle and cast iron. This is an Italian marinated braised pork over pasta and topped with a copious amount of cheese...of course

Cook the pasta, toss it with a bunch of butter and parmigiano reggiano cheese then put into the skillets
001.jpg

Cup up three small center cut pork loin chops and marinate in zesty Italian dressing
002.jpg

Let the pork marinate for a couple hours then toss it in the griddle
003.jpg

When the pork is done add it to the skillets with the pasta
004.jpg

Top with lots of fresh shredded mozz and a nice sprinkle of parsley
005.jpg

Put them on the griddle and cover with a large wok if you have one. A large skillet will work just as well
007.jpg

Cut up a nice salad topped with fresh Thai basil from the neighbor's garden
009.jpg

And here's dinner. Mmmm mmmm...all that melted cheesy goodness is just hard to beat.
012.jpg

The flavors that were introduced into the pork were very good and went well with everything else but were more subdued than I expected. Next time I'll either marinate a it longer or add some spices to the dressing to amp up the flavor a tad. Overall though, an outstanding meal.

Now we're gonna get really weird. Tracy wanted hamburgers and homemade fries for dinner Sunday. Ok honey, no problem. WRONG!! No burger buns, no ciabatta buns, nothing in the way of bread products except sandwich bread (does not hold up to a burger), English muffins, and tortillas. Hmmm...what to do in order to keep the wife happy. The light went on and I decided to slice large, thick pieces of potato, grill them, and make open faced gyro burgers with the taters being the "bun" on the bottom. I absolutely love a good gyro and to me, it's the tzatziki sauce that makes it so good. Why not use it on a burger along with all the other things that go into making a gyro except for the pita bread?

Here's all the goodies ready to go
001.jpg

Taters getting done
003.jpg

Toss the burgers on
004.jpg

Put the taters on the plate and set the burger on top
005.jpg

Tomatoes and onions are next
007.jpg

Lettuce, tzatziki sauce, a bunch of crumbled feta cheese, and the weirdness is complete. Time to eat
010.jpg

Weird or not, these were actually very good. The freshness of the veggies and the cool notes from the tzatziki sauce were outstanding. It was also really cool to get your burger and fries in the same bite. As odd as these were, Tracy actually preferred this concept over any sort of a bun. Guess how burgers will be served going forward?

Well, that's it for this round of stuff. For any of you who may have missed it, last week I posted a Thai sweet chili braised pork meal made with pineapple and cranberries. It too was a very quick meal but was so good I felt it deserved a thread of it's own. If you missed you may want to look in the Pork forum or do a quick search. I still have several more that can be posted and more added regularly if you're not totally worn out by these and want to see them. I'd have stopped posting long ago except for people continuing to want to see them.

Thanks for dropping in...again
Robert

All of those look great Robert. That burger is over the top. I will take a plate with all 3 meals on it. Big LIKE man keep em comin!

That's three great griddle cooks right there Robert, big Like. Your middle cook was the inspiration for my CI cook yesterday, and that's just another great reason why you need to keep posting them. Not everyone has the culinary creativity that you do, at least I sure don't, but they do plant a little seed, and if nothing else are right there to be copied. Keep em' coming! RAY

Everything looks awesome again as usual Robert. All 3 would suit us perfectly. Extra Kudos on that Burger/Potato idea. I can definitely see that in my future. Thanks again for sharing. Can't wait for your next installment.

Mike

Reactions: sawhorseray
Nice stuff and I love the Taters idea. The Griddle's certainly paid for itself...JJ

Great looking meals Robert! Like the potatoes for the burgers...way to think outside the bun! Think I'll take the buffet...then I don't have to choose

Ryan

Yep once again I'll take a plate of each! Nice job Robert ! I can see why you both really liked the last one....all the fresh tasting stuff on top would really cut through the meat and potatoe! Sounds perfect to me!

All looks delicious. Love doing Asian stuff on the Blackstone. The gyro tater burger is something I'd tear up in a heartbeat

Nice bunch of Vittles & Flied Lice!!
Fry those onions, and I'll take one of those Sammies!!
One Question: Is it true you wear a Scarecrow disguise when you raid your Neighbor's Garden??
Like.

Bear

Darn good looking meals again Robert. I like the potato bun idea. Pre cooked the potato I assume ?

3 more good looking meals Robert! I really like that open faced gyro burger with the potato instead of the bread. I need to keep that it mind when we don’t have bread in the house.

Like!

I've read through all of the replies to this and am somewhat surprised that the one meal here that almost didn't get posted is the one folks seem to like the most...maybe just because it's weird and we might all just have a bit of weirdness in us :emoji_wink:

Excellent griddle cooks, keep em coming!

Thank thank ya!! I'll keep posting them but may start spreading them out a bit and getting back to my roots with more diversity in my cooking.

All of those look great Robert. That burger is over the top. I will take a plate with all 3 meals on it. Big LIKE man keep em comin!

Thank you John. glad you liked that burger. your commentary is what prompted me to post it. I thought it was interesting but nothing worth sharing. I was wrong, you were right.

Robert

Your middle cook was the inspiration for my CI cook yesterday, and that's just another great reason why you need to keep posting them. Not everyone has the culinary creativity that you do, at least I sure don't, but they do plant a little seed

That's some very humbling commentary Ray. Thank you so much for the kind words. Truly appreciated and I'll keep posting.

Extra Kudos on that Burger/Potato idea. I can definitely see that in my future.

Thank you Mike. The words of encouragement are inspiring. As stated, the burger almost didn't get posted but it sure seems to have gotten a lot of positive comments.

Robert

Nice stuff and I love the Taters idea. The Griddle's certainly paid for itself

Thank you Jimmy. The taters worked out far better than I anticipated and they will get done again in this manner.

Very nice, Robert!

Thanks Derek!!

Great looking meals Robert! Like the potatoes for the burgers...way to think outside the bun! Think I'll take the buffet...then I don't have to choose

Hee hee...the accolades are appreciated Ryan. The burgers were fun, but I have you down for the buffet. Just make sure to wear your mask and respect the sneeze-guard over the buffet table :emoji_wink:

Robert

Yep once again I'll take a plate of each! Nice job Robert ! I can see why you both really liked the last one....all the fresh tasting stuff on top would really cut through the meat and potatoe! Sounds perfect to

Got you signed up for the buffet also Travis. You're correct about all the goodies balancing out and complimenting each other. I gotta have my meat, which I try to cook once in a while, and all those cool, refreshing notes made for a well balanced burger.

the mad scientist strikes again, everything looks great Robert

Hmmm....from one post to the next I go from the Mad Griddler to the Mad Scientist. It's starting to get confusing around here :emoji_laughing:

All looks delicious. Love doing Asian stuff on the Blackstone. The gyro tater burger is something I'd tear up in a heartbeat

Yes sir Jake, and tear it up I did. From the very first bite I knew I was onto something weird but really good. Thanks for the kind words.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky