• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Yoshidas chicken thighs

stiffyman

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 18, 2007
I am doing thighs for a large group this weekend, has anyone tried a process like this, first brine 1.5 hours, then in yoshidas about 2 hrs, then rub and smoke at 250-275 until 165 (thinking about 3 hrs), then grill on high 5 minutes to crisp the skin, 1/2 brush with sauce amd half naked suggestions or comments thanks all.

bbally

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 24, 2007
I am doing thighs for a large group this weekend, has anyone tried a process like this, first brine 1.5 hours, then in yoshidas about 2 hrs, then rub and smoke at 250-275 until 165 (thinking about 3 hrs), then grill on high 5 minutes to crisp the skin, 1/2 brush with sauce amd half naked suggestions or comments thanks all.
Take the chicken to 170 in the smoker, you will be happier with the tenderness.

Everything else you described is straight forward slow smoke chicken.

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
Stiffyman, you would have made ronp proud for carrying on the Yoshida Tradition...

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Sounds like the way we do them, except instead of Yoshida's we use a Cajun marinade.

bwsmith_2000

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2005
Ron P still abides ..... please let us know how they turn out. Also, I second the suggestion to take them to 170.

stiffyman

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 18, 2007
I have followed many a recipe from Ron P. I discovered Yoshidas when I lived in Juneau AK. I used it to marinate Halibut, in 1993, now it is my go to marinate, I also use it mixed with apple juice to inject brisket and turkey, and of coarse steaks, chicken breasts, very good. Thanks for comments keep them comming.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I knew someone would pick up the Yoshida's ball and run with it.

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
It has been said. I have a bottle of Yoshida's in my fridge.

Use it in memory of Ron.  Not bad stuff, either?

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
Used to use Yoshidas a lot years ago in California. Now see it in Costco all the time...will have to pick up a jug and try some in the smoker for old times sake

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.