Yet another smoke junkie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

frizzlefry

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Riverside, CA
I grew up in Texas, and I now live in California.  Naturally, living in TX I became addicted for life to Mesquite Smoked Barbecue!  I've been grilling religiously with mesquite and hickory for years, but just this summer ventured into true Smoking.  How did I and my guests like it you ask?  Well let me put it this way:  One bite, and we are hooked for life!

This forum has been my major source of inspiration and research.  I would like to thank each and every one of you for being the wonder chef's you are!

The new tools I have acquired include an MES 40, a Brinkman Gourmet Electric ( which regardless of its limitations has produced incredible results ), and a Maverick E-72 thermometer.  I plan to get an AMNPS eventually, and buy or build a wood burning smoker at some point.

I should also inform you that I am fiercely committed to gorging myself on many other fine cuisines, including but not limited to:

Cajun / Creole

Mexican

Seafood

Thai

Italian

Anything and everything hot and spicy!  I have a tattoo of a jalapeno.  I am not joking.

Long live the smoke!

9474_2223466619158_1022510239_32172436_879057538_n.jpg

:) Welcome to the world of Smoking .  You can find all the info here that you could possibly want to find,, including new smokers like me that make mistakes.  We learn and get better.  If you ever get around too it,, after settling in,, would love to see some good pics of smoked abalone,, havent had that since I left Monterey back in 86,, best tasting seafood I ever had , right off Fishermans Wharf.

Thank you all for your kindness.  I will be humbly asking your advice on many things in the near future!

I tried searching but couldn't find it.

Isn't there a coupon code for Amazen pellet smokers for members of this forum?  I saw the cyber Monday code but it doesn't work anymore.

Thanks guys!

Welcome to SMF glad you can join us.  We are big on Pics and love to help everyone out.  Remember the only question that is dumb is one not asked.  You will not find a friendlier place to talk Que on the web.

You are going to fit in just fine.

Welcome to both of you guys. this forum is a very friendly group. Oh, the 1st post w/pic....looks like an alien was taking the pic (by the reflection)....I'm still in Texas & lhave been known to use mesquite...love it on brisket & beercan chickens....

Hello Frizzlefry

Glad to see you posting here. Also glad to see another member from my area 

Thanks for the welcome everybody.  It's good to see some Texans and some Californians here.  And even a fellow jalapeno tattoo bearer!

Barney that's me in the reflection.  So yes, it is an alien.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky