Yesterdays Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

msmith

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 22, 2006
Haltom City Tx
Well as usually these days just when I get the smoker up to temp here comes the rain. Draped a tarp over the barrel and let the smoke flow. Did a 14lb brisket along with a 7 lb pork butt and 10 lb picnic and 2 heads of cabbage.
189f9d72_vbattach12758.jpg

26b075c8_vbattach12757.jpg

20a0898e_vbattach12756.jpg

79635d29_vbattach12755.jpg

Okay....I'm new 'round here and I can just about figure most of the terminology without much effort. But 'PICNIC' has got me.
icon_question.gif
icon_question.gif

I would poke around and figure it out, but I've got my 9yo son with me on the road tonight and we are both suffering hunger pangs. I'll check back later and poke around unless someone enlightens me before.

Thanks,
Tex

Good looking smoke Marvin. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. It sure produced for you. Congrats on a great looking smoke.

MMMMMM MMMM! Just think what you could do if you had a traeger! Your wasting your talent man!

For you, AND ONLY YOU, I'd trade you straight up...........traeger for a POS stick burner.

Nice look'n food, though, better luck next time.
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Ok, enough bs. You sure put out some nice Q Marvin. I'd sure like to see a qpic of those cabbages. I need to try that out.

If it rains tonight I get to smoke some beef ribs and a brisket. Might have to run to town and get some cabbage.

Thanx for the pix.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Very nice smoke Marvin
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
I guess thats the first time i saw your rig up close, is that a reverse flow, it's a beautiful pit and u obviously got it runnin smooth!

Texan that was a ham that was labled picnic cut one of them john morrel packs. Bubba my smoker is not a reverse flow I have both my firebox and smoke stack cut in under the grates. I have thought about cutting in another stack and adding the plates just to see how it would work, but I think I should leave it just like it is.

Ok Al If I traded smokers with you I wouldnt live long enough to use the trager the wife would kill me lol. She said I could sell the smoker but the trailor its mounted on is her's. Guess we better not do that. have you tried the cabbage yet?

Thanks for all the compliments gentlemen.

Marvin,

Delishhhh!

Why dont you hook that bad boy up and bring the Generals rolling party to me in MD. The big Rock Fish (Striped Bass) are still running around the Chesapeake Bay! I could always use another fishin buddy ............... Beers on me if you want to make the haul.

Great looking groceries as usual Marvin....sure would love to see Ole' Genaral Lee up close one of these days!!!!

Randy I would love to take you up on that offer just can't swing it right now. Hopefully one day we can do that.

Theresa I wish I could pull the general up and hang out with you and Bud. Would really like to see that reverse flow in action.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky