"Yardbird" & "Henhouse" Took On A Whole New Meaning Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
We're in the middle of a Spring storm system with a 20° drop in temps and wet snow coming. Today I had some visitors in my back yard. Higher elevation snow drives them down from the foothills early in the morning, and when the town wakes up they sort of shelter in place until afternoon.
u7FMVcf.jpg

And of course they would show up in your yard outside of hunting season.
Cool pic!

And of course they would show up in your yard outside of hunting season.
Cool pic!

Love the picture! The one on the left acts like it just knew you couldn't do anything?! Maybe throw some feed out for them and they might stay as "pets" until hunting season? 🍻
Spring season starts in 5 days, but it's limited to bearded males.

A .22 with subsonic rounds doesn't make much noise. Just sayin'.
I didn't want to add "Poached Turkey" to my new words of the day. :emoji_laughing:

Cool pic....
Rios or Merriams Wild Turkeys?
I'm confident on Merriam's.... I'm in Wyoming.

Wait till the flock get's bigger and the piles of poo they leave on the deck etc get ...... Around here they move into the subdivisions where you can't legally shoot them and at first the new addition is an attraction but that get's old quick! Fresh Turkey poo on the Wife's carpet equals a Volcanic eruption like most have not seen nor do they want too...

Turkey season just opened in Colorado. Marriams! I have two teenage boys that would have tore that up in the yard, asked to skip school just to process.
Beautiful birds for sure.

Definitely a cool pic! But our 2 yr old Dobie would've made em honest! The rooster pheasant that hangs around torments her enough!

Ryan

Great pic! We get wild Turkeys coming off the mountain to feed on Clover and grasses in our yard. The Chickens will kick scratch out of their run and the Turkey clean that up quick...JJ

Wait till the flock get's bigger and the piles of poo they leave on the deck etc get ...... Around here they move into the subdivisions where you can't legally shoot them and at first the new addition is an attraction but that get's old quick! Fresh Turkey poo on the Wife's carpet equals a Volcanic eruption like most have not seen nor do they want too...
22 cal pellets too their dome works great in town, and it's not considered discharging a firearm because pellet guns aren't firearms.

Season has been open 2-3 weeks now, hens eat good to , have ate a few with road rash over the years.

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky