WSM Guru

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
So far the Guru is rock solid at 235. I figured pretty quick needed the guru vent all the open for my 18.5" That slot for wires works great. Should of done that years ago. I had one of the original WSM's and that thing was rock solid on holding temps. I picked up a newer used one few years ago. I is not near as tight. When I got my Rec Tec I gave the older one to some friends. Should of gave the newer one. The old even after 20 years of use was still in good shape.

20200927_074835.jpg
20200927_074844.jpg
20200927_074853.jpg

I've been meaning to do the slot trick myself on the WSM and Kettles. Glad the guru is working out for ya. One day I may pull the trigger on one, but for now I'll keep running the WSM naturally aspirated.

Chris

The slot trick is a really great addition. I have done it to my Ugly Drum Smoker and my Kettles.

Easy Peasy if you have an angle grinder. If not, with a little bit of elbow grease a round file will work.

John

Last edited:
It performed flawless. Right on 235 and than went to 250. I never saw it 1 degree off. Even when take lid off right back to temp. Wow!!! Ribs resting.

Reactions: gmc2003
Glad to hear it worked out so well on your first run. Now you know you can put a butt or brisket on at night & sleep all night without worrying about the smoker!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky