WSM 22.5" question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

biaviian

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
The lid on my 22.5" does not fit well.  I can get it on the smoker, but I have to practically stand on the lid to get a seal.  Is this normal?  My 18" does not have this issue.  If there weren't a second handle, on the side of the lid, I wouldn't be able to get it on and off.

When I used my weber 22" charcoal grill/smoker,  I use large binder clips to hold the lid down firmly.  No smoke leaks.

It sounds to me like the center section or the lid is bent. 

They should fit together easily.

The good news is they are easy to bend back in shape.

Al

c0f741a53467e26a6b2c86390ca2388c.jpg

Here's the binder clips in action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like your mid section is slightly out of round if it is you can give it a bear hug to reform it so the lid fits better, if it's new and that doesn't work for you call Weber Customer service and they'll probably ship you a new mid section. 

Sounds like your mid section is slightly out of round if it is you can give it a bear hug to reform it so the lid fits better, if it's new and that doesn't work for you call Weber Customer service and they'll probably ship you a new mid section. 
Thanks for the reminder!  I called last night and I need to put the lid on a glass or 100% flat surface to see if it is warped.  If not then the center section is.  Either way, they will replace the part that is defective.  I almost forgot to do the test.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky