Wrapping Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buckscent

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
B'ham Alabama
When you guy's sell a slap of ribs how do you wrep them for the customer?  To keep them warm when I pull them off the smoker I wrap in aluminum foil and put in a cooler which will keep them warm for hours but the juice gets all over the foil and looks bad.  Nedd a good way to wrap so presentaion looks good...Thanks

Are you selling these at a concession stand where you have meat ready and they just come order them or are you smoking whole racks for people? When I go to the local rib fest here in town each summer I see all the cooks stacking ribs on top of each other and putting them in a smoker which I am guessing is set at really low heat just to keep them warm once they are done. Also they keep mopping them and rotating them as they sit there for a while. I know what you mean about all the juice in the foil.

To me I would want to see how juicy they are. If that means having some juice leak out of the foil, that's way better than getting dried out ribs. Just my 2 cents.

I have the same question.  I usually wrap them in foil and put in the cooler for a hour or so.  Then take them out and put in fridge.  But like you said they leak.  I don't have a lot of cold storage so I am looking for good ideas also.

Double wrap the foil. Pull the foil together at the top and roll it to make a tight seal, then roll the ends up. As long as you don';t turn it over it won't leak.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky