Would you?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Unique Name

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 8, 2019
Use these as a single use Smoking Tube?
They are very pliable and could easily be made into 2 or 3 throwaway tubes.
Any thoughts, questions, concerns, warnings from you more knowledgeable smokers out there?
Thanks for any and all replies!
2y2hdq.jpg

2y2hka.jpg

Stupid question but why not just buy a tube? I have two tubes and one tray, and think they are some of the most worthy expenses I have made.

Also, I’m not sure the pellets wouldn’t creep out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unique Name
You could make 3 tubes and possibly re-use them at least 3 or 4 times. I think it would be great for camping.

Stupid question but why not just buy a tube? I have two tubes and one tray, and think they are some of the most worthy expenses I have made.

Also, I’m not sure the pellets wouldn’t creep out.
Hey, Saint.
I am thinking of trying my hand at cold smoking and don't really have a need for a tubd otherwise.
This way, if it's something I would like to pursue I could purchase an actual tube.
Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: 73saint
You could make 3 tubes and possibly re-use them at least 3 or 4 times. I think it would be great for camping.
A throwaway for camping.. GREAT IDEA!!!
THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

Last edited:
I was in on the why ,,, but at the same time I thought be nice for hunting in case I forget to bring real deal home .
Maybe get a piece of 1 1/2 PVC to help shape it .

I was in on the why ,,, but at the same time I thought be nice for hunting in case I forget to bring real deal home .
Maybe get a piece of 1 1/2 PVC to help shape it .
You may burn through them with the pellets, worth a shot, it it don’t work you are only out a couple bucks
That's kinda the way I was looking at it.
I've got enough $25 gadgets cluttering up my workbench as it is...

Bought some to use grilling asparagus. Used one to cover the burn barrel once, it burned right through! Not sure if pellets get that hot or not. I may try it though.

I have used them for grilling while camping especially at the coast to put shrimp on to grill. Works good for veggies too. Now I have the tube idea to kick around.

Bought some to use grilling asparagus. Used one to cover the burn barrel once, it burned right through! Not sure if pellets get that hot or not. I may try it though.
I think I'll try a dry run and stuff with pellets and see what happens...
Thanks for the reply!

I have used them for grilling while camping especially at the coast to put shrimp on to grill. Works good for veggies too. Now I have the tube idea to kick around.
I figure it's worth a shot to test out.
Thanks for the reply!

Yes it works but I light through the perforated SS as well to get the AMNPS and AMNTS properly lit with a red hot glowing coal cherry at the bottom with pellets on top and a torch will burn through the aluminum. You may have to light it standing on end with gel alcohol or hand sanitizer. I wondered the same thing if I wanted to cold smoke with pellets and after the pellet smoke tasted good then I bought a bunch of pellets and the AMNPS and AMNTS from Todd at A-maze-n Products and then a Mes electric smoker.

Yes it works but I light through the perforated SS as well to get the AMNPS and AMNTS properly lit with a red hot glowing coal cherry at the bottom with pellets on top and a torch will burn through the aluminum. You may have to light it standing on end with gel alcohol or hand sanitizer. I wondered the same thing if I wanted to cold smoke with pellets and after the pellet smoke tasted good then I bought a bunch of pellets and the AMNPS and AMNTS from Todd at A-maze-n Products and then a Mes electric smoker.
I was gonna use a starter cube on one end and, yes, I was going to have it stand on end. Perhaps I won't need to have it stand on end if I fill hallway, plop a few smaller chunks of starter cube in, and fill the rest in.
Time will tell...
Thanks for the reply!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky