Worst Beer…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Skunkiest tasting I ever had was Rolling Rock back in the early sixties, used to be in a green glass bottle. Next in line would some no-name sludge I had in Izmir, Turkey around 1963. Literally could not drink the bottom half inch in the bottle because of the sludge. It was served warm.

Vietnamese Beer "Ba Moui Ba” AKA "33 Beer", was pretty bad stuff, but I'd say it was still better than "Primo" or "Lone Star" beer.

I had a chance to drink some Vietnamese "Sake", but I refused when I found out you had to drink it through a straw, to get below the Maggots floating on top. No Thanks!!

Bear

I have had shit beer in Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, England, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, Lichtenstein, Poland and Czecholovalia....

I convinced good and bad beer exists everywhere.....

Like other things, it is a matter of opinion.

Don't knock other people's choices!

Heineken rates up there for skunks tasting for me too

When I was a bouncer at one of the local watering holes in the late 70s early 80s. A few of the male patrons would buy a bottle of Heineken at the start of the night. When they finished the bottle they would buy a pitcher of daft beer and refill their Heineken bottle with the draft beer. Making it look like they were drinking the more expensive beer all night long. They were just trying to impress the lady patrons. Heineken was about a dollar or so more expensive then the domestic brands.

I will say that when I was in college I had a classmate from Amsterdam. When he came back from Christmas vacation he brought a case of Heineken with him. It was in white cans. They tasted so much better the stuff that was sold here.

Chris

For me It was Heineken dark beer. Couldn't drink it, and I thought I could drink anything........ Use to drink becks dark and the store was out of it. Bought the HD instead..... Blah

Reactions: Plinsc
Nodak21 Nodak21 Try Half Brothers or Rhombus. Or if your in one of these 2 cities, try Drekkers in Fargo ND & Junkyard in Moorhead MN. I’m not sure how far they are from Grand Forks. Or if you see any of their cans in your stores, grabs some to try. Ask they have single. When I try new IPA’s I like to buy singles, usually getting 2ea. At Half Brothers or Rhombus try a flight. Usually 4 or more 3-5oz pours. I’d start lightest to darkest. You don’t have to try the stouts and porters if you hate those styles. At least try the IPA’s and DIPA’s. And do try their hazy IPA’s if they have. Make note on which one you like or enjoy. You like Busch lagers so make sure to try any of their lagers and pilsners. When looking for cans to go, make sure you buy them the freshest is best. Most cans these days will have a date of canning on the bottom or side of can somewhere. And try to pick them from a cooler if possible. Yes there’s a lot to take in. Lol. A great ipa can turn bad 3+ months from can date. The hops inside do get bad/old. So that’s why you want to drink IPA’s sooner than later. They will get almost a sour vinegary taste. Lagers and pilsners are good for 4+ months. Stouts longer. We are planning a Big Sky road trip soon. So beer stops will be in our plans.
Enjoy.

Reactions: Nodak21
Nodak21 Nodak21 take a look for Surly Furious or Goose Island up there. Should be able to find it there. Did a little research, Rhombus Guys brewing looks pretty cool up there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nodak21
Regal Select was another cheap nasty beer but when it's over 100 degree's and you have been out working in the heat all day any beer that is ICE cold tastes good .

Reactions: Plinsc
Dogfish Head Choc Lobster...

a porter made with chocolate...

...and lobster stock

I'm game for trying weird stuff, and I think Dogfish Head's stuff is pure wizardry, but that nearly made me puke

Dogfish Head Choc Lobster...

a porter made with chocolate...

...and lobster stock

I'm game for trying weird stuff, and I think Dogfish Head's stuff is pure wizardry, but that nearly made me puke
A couple more sips and you would likely have purged your system.

That sounds horrible! Makes me wonder who in their right mind would even brew it?

Dogfish Head is typically an AMAZING brewery. I'm thinking perhaps he might have been intoxicated on something else when he came up with the Choc Lobster though

Midas Touch, inspired by a 2700 year old recipe found in the tomb of King Midas, was absolutely amazing, and put them on the map...but sadly discontinued

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky