Work Free Smoke Place

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Robert, please explain your T-Cooker. I've seen several similar but is your's a reverse flow?

It is in fact reverse flow, and from both ends. There is a massive heat deflector plate over the opening between the fire box and the cook chamber. It is a piece of 8" diameter 1/2" thick steel pipe that is split lengthwise. It's about 6" shorter than the interior width of the cook chamber so the heat and smoke roll from both ends and you can maintain perfectly even cook temps end to end. What's really cool too is that you can adjust the temps end to end by sliding the deflector plate toward one end. You can literally damp one end down to 235 for ribs and have the other end at 275 for a brisket. Another neat feature is that the stacks are both higher than the top racks. This means you are running the same temps up top as you are on the lower grate so no having to move the meat around for even cooking.

Great backyard cooking setup. Which one do you use the most?

I use the Lynx grill the most, and not just for grilling. I also use it as an oven for baking bread, biscuits, pizzas, and things like that which would typically be cooked inside the house. The one I grill on the most is the Weber.

Some nice looking set ups, Robert I think I see just enough room for that wood fired pizza oven under there

Believe me Jerry, I've thought about it. We just don't eat pizza often enough to justify a dedicated pizza oven. I'm giving some serious consideration to putting a new Stump's Baby in the space you mentioned pretty soon though :emoji_wink:

Robert

Still kinda winterized, but..this is where we do the wood fired pizzas and hams, (and a bit of wine consumption), just a bit.....

Attachments

• pizza1.JPG
    pizza1.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 11
  • pizza2.JPG
    pizza2.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 12
I'm so embarrassed. I live in a trailer park and realize my smoking space actually looks like it too. You all are inspiring me to make my smoking space more like a refuge. I'll take some pics and share my mess with you all on Friday when I am off of work.

G

Reactions: SmokyMose
I'm so embarrassed. I live in a trailer park and realize my smoking space actually looks like it too. You all are inspiring me to make my smoking space more like a refuge. I'll take some pics and share my mess with you all on Friday when I am off of work.

G
Doesn't matter where you live bud. Find a spot and turn it into your own smokers paradise!

Reactions: MJB05615

G
Please don't be embarrassed. This thread is about getting ideas and inspiration from others, not showing each other up. RiversideSmoker, I'll bet more tasty BBQ comes from mobil home parks than gated communities. Just a lawn chair in front of a WSM is a wonderful thing!

Wait til you see what's become of my OKJ. I keep meaning to give it a once over and then I just smoke on it. I guess I really do have to address that rust though lol. The kettle is looking good though. I'll definitely share my smokers paradise shots on Friday.

G

Wait til you see what's become of my OKJ. I keep meaning to give it a once over and then I just smoke on it. I guess I really do have to address that rust though lol. The kettle is looking good though. I'll definitely share my smokers paradise shots on Friday.

G
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

G
Do not feel that way ... you have no reason ... this is about the enjoyment of the pursuit and process of this hobby. If this was a beauty contest we’d all be DQ’d 🙈

Besides, the most beautiful pics posted are edible.

G
Shoot brother no need to feel embarrassed. I make do with what I have, watch a little TBS roll and have a cold beer. Enjoy the peace and quiet where I am.
Jim

Reactions: MJB05615
Here is what i normally use to do all my cookin, until i found this site and now i also do it in Smokers Shack. Too cool here today -7C. Plus the wind ,it bites deep ,
This is a great thread
Thanks for starting it Colin1230

depending on where the wind is coming from, either this side of the house or the back side , have the same porch on both sides
DSC_2246.JPG

And of coarse now because of this site and all the help, my new way of cooking
DSC_2154.JPG

David

I'm In Pittsburgh, PA

I got nothing! Just the driveway in front of my garage.

View attachment 487877
And the garage when it rains.
View attachment 487878

Some of you guys have really beautiful setups!

Perhaps someday,

John
My neighbor opens the garage door, rolls the Traegor out and starts cooking. It works really well for him because the garage is right off the kitchen. The only thing missing is a cold beer and a lawn chair. I also cooked on my driveway for many years. I enjoyed watching the neighborhood.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Here is what i normally use to do all my cookin, until i found this site and now i also do it in Smokers Shack. Too cool here today -7C. Plus the wind ,it bites deep ,
This is a great thread
Thanks for starting it Colin1230

depending on where the wind is coming from, either this side of the house or the back side , have the same porch on both sides
View attachment 487875
And of coarse now because of this site and all the help, my new way of cooking
View attachment 487879

David
Nice porch, cool smoke shack too! I remember your thread when you built it. Thanks for sharing. :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: DRKsmoking
But aint that a requirement....Lemme check the bylaws of this here forum. It's gotta be in there somewhere.
Jim
God i hope not , i'm not much on beer, maybe one Cold Corona on a hot day . ( 1 Schooner If your from Nova Scotia ) i like my refreshments with a little ice and mix. Just saying. Maybe we can get the bylaw changed
David

God i hope not , i'm not much on beer, maybe one Cold Corona on a hot day . ( 1 Schooner If your from Nova Scotia ) i like my refreshments with a little ice and mix. Just saying. Maybe we can get the bylaw changed
David
Well an amendment may be order
Jim

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Oops, let me fix that.

Me, a cold beer and a lawn chair.
Yeah, that's better!

• Haha
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky