Work Free Smoke Place

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Colin1230

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2021
Merriam, KS
Let's see yours.

IMG_20210302_121202.jpg

Got a butt on the kettle.

Very nice setup. I'll get some pics of mine when the weather is a little nicer. Mine's a little sloppy from the Winter laziness, lol.

Reactions: mike243
Very nice setup. I'll get some pics of mine when the weather is a little nicer. Mine's a little sloppy from the Winter laziness, lol.
Thank Mike, spring is comin'.

Love the title!
Mine is still "winterized", but here's a shot from a couple of years ago. My patio isn't completely covered so I improvised.....View attachment 487547
Nice place Smokey. We had a cover on the deck above until the wife got her new sunroom last summer. The yard is a mess after the construction. I'll be spending the summer growing grass.......and cooking.

I sort of have the natural set-up.... but for 25 years I've been thinking of some improvements because I go from bad to worse pretty quick.
View attachment 487550
View attachment 487551
That's crazy. I have a similar setup sans the snow. I've really been wanting to build something to cook under, but the price of lumber has gone through the roof. At least tripled in price.

Many years ago I had a designated TV and movie room. On the door was a sign that said exactly what the title of your thread is...and I still love the statement. Back then is was smoking something other than a slab of meat :emoji_laughing:

My little slice of paradise
004.jpg

22" Blackstone griddle and the 42" Lynx Professional equipped with the high intensity sear burner
005.jpg

Custom built 54" T-Pit. Time for a little paint touch-up
006.jpg

Weber Performer Deluxe
007.jpg

36" Santa Maria grill from Sunterra Outdoor Products
008.jpg

Last but certainly not least, the Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
009.jpg

Cool thread. It's always fun to put cookers with the people you've come to know in the forum. Would love to see a bunch of folks chime in on this one.

Robert

Many years ago I had a designated TV and movie room. On the door was a sign that said exactly what the title of your thread is...and I still love the statement. Back then is was smoking something other than a slab of meat :emoji_laughing:

View attachment 487561

22" Blackstone griddle and the 42" Lynx Professional equipped with the high intensity sear burner
View attachment 487562

View attachment 487563

Weber Performer Deluxe
View attachment 487564

View attachment 487565

View attachment 487566

Cool thread. It's always fun to put cookers with the people you've come to know in the forum. Would love to see a bunch of folks chime in on this one.

Robert
Thanks for sharing your space Robert, wonderful view.

I keep the pellet smoker and blackstone on our covered front porch. It's my favorite place in the summer. Looking down the hill at the lake
Screenshot_20210302_164728.png

We painted the outside of house and the concrete porch last spring so ignore the stains they are gone now
Screenshot_20210302_164749.png

Stickburner stays under one of the carports and I roll it out to cook
Screenshot_20210302_164454.png

I'm jealous of all the woodland views!!

006-jpg.jpg 006-jpg.jpg
Hey Robert, please explain your T-Cooker. I've seen several similar but is your's a reverse flow? The connection between the upright and the horizontal pipe is a common welder qualification test which takes some skill to layout so it's symmetrical.

View attachment 487561

View attachment 487562

View attachment 487563

Weber Performer Deluxe
View attachment 487564

View attachment 487565

View attachment 487566

Robert

Great backyard cooking setup. Which one do you use the most?

I sort of have the natural set-up.... but for 25 years I've been thinking of some improvements because I go from bad to worse pretty quick.
Would hate to be in the middle of tending to a long cook when that progression sets in :emoji_disappointed:
That's crazy. I have a similar setup sans the snow. I've really been wanting to build something to cook under, but the price of lumber has gone through the roof. At least tripled in price.
Yeah, it’s nuts everywhere ... wanting to extend a utility room to house the golf cart, but cost/SF coulda built a house for what a lousy shed will cost now.

Robert
Agree on both points :emoji_wink:
And I do miss my dedicated theater and music rooms :emoji_disappointed:
I'm jealous of all the woodland views!!
Yup ... can feel the stress relief just looking at the pics

Reactions: Colin1230
Still a work in progress here. Now that weather nicer will have the Blackstone on one of the tables. Have to build a lower platform for the Smokin-It. Have a large umbrella to set up ... can’t build a structure since the patio is outside the setback limited build area. Don’t use the BGE very much anymore so selling to a friend, and will be looking at a new addition.
Will get some better pics when the sun returns and clean up a bit next day or two.
50B39F52-B42C-43A2-BDC3-C5808C08C622.jpeg

Some nice looking set ups, Robert I think I see just enough room for that wood fired pizza oven under there :emoji_laughing:
My stuff is set up in multiple places right now and I'm going to be adding some more space before to long even with the high lumber prices.

It would be nice if members would put their location in their profile it would looking at the pics make more sense.
I think I can figure out where Jake is but being I'm in FL I think Thirdeye is on a white sand beach somewhere and the wind is blowing the sand onto his smokers

It would be nice if members would put their location in their profile it would looking at the pics make more sense.
I think I can figure out where Jake is but being I'm in FL I think Thirdeye is on a white sand beach somewhere and the wind is blowing the sand onto his smokers
Done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky