Wood Source Near Lafayette, Louisiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Cajun Guy

Original poster
Jun 24, 2019
Hello all I'm fairly new to smoking and I'm loving it! I am so glad to have found this forum. The knowledge shared here has been very much appreciated and I'm looking forward to learning even more. I live about 20 miles west of Lafayette, Louisiana and I was wondering where members from south Louisiana get their wood. I've been buying bags of wood chunks from Walmart and I would really like to find a better source. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Good smoking!

What 5grillz said. Can’t help you with wood in Louisiana but if you decide to come to East TN we have a ton of downed trees with all these storms lately. People giving great wood away just to get it out of their yards!

Reactions: Cajun Guy
Look up Wild man firewood on Facebook. He delivers to Baton Rouge, maybe further. Good quality wood at a fair price. A lot of local restaurants use him, as do I when I cannot get it myself.

Look up Wild man firewood on Facebook. He delivers to Baton Rouge, maybe further. Good quality wood at a fair price. A lot of local restaurants use him, as do I when I cannot get it myself.
Thanks 73saint!

Reactions: 73saint
look for some local tree cutting companies, they will usually let you come to where they are working and take some. sometimes, I know here where I live if you what a lot and they are close by they will drop off a truck load for you, they're usually just happy to have somewhere close to get rid of it.

look for some local tree cutting companies, they will usually let you come to where they are working and take some. sometimes, I know here where I live if you what a lot and they are close by they will drop off a truck load for you, they're usually just happy to have somewhere close to get rid of it.
Great idea smokerjim. Being a newbie that never occurred to me lol. Thank you!

I live in Lafayette I get my wood from Academy they carry the B&B brand not bad. When all else fails I order on Amazon and have it shipped to my house.
That kiln dried wood that academy sells burns way too quick for my taste. Not to mention it costs way too much if you are cooking with any regularity.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky