Wood Rack

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

62veedub

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 29, 2019
Sun City, AZ
So, the new LSG smoker will be here sometime in July. Going to start getting a stock of wood. We’re looking for a wood storage rack that is maybe a little different. We have been working on upgrading our backyard, so we need a rack (or two) that compliments the yard.
Looking at something like this hoop rig, I’m guessing we’d have to have a couple, which is fine.
Has anyone else used these? Any other ideas that aren’t the standard type storage racks?

Attachments

• EDB19C00-6B75-4E14-8F14-60D338429DDC.jpeg
    EDB19C00-6B75-4E14-8F14-60D338429DDC.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 49
Those are purty but I think they waste space under the curves and you can't overstack the wood in them like you can a flat rack. It makes it difficult to rotate your wood supply as well; with a flat rack, you can pile all the old wood on one side of the rack and then put new wood on the empty side.

Maybe one of these in the "public"area where it'll be handy to the smoker and be seen a lot and regular flat racks in some more out of the way location for bulk storage? You could move the wood from the bulk storage racks and stage it in the decorative rack brie using.

Agreed on waste of space. I went through same decision and bought flat rack with sides off amazon. Keeps plenty of wood handy near smoker and its currently mixed with oak and cherry. Easy to get access to both. You can see in background here

5DF7C91E-02CF-4934-A6E1-1C3EE6374D77.jpeg

Reactions: bbqjefff
Hey guys, thanks for the responses!
I had thought about the waste of space, and was also looking at the rectangular metals ones from Amazon.
We we’re just hoping for something more decorative since the rack will be visible from the entire yard.
Although our yard is a work in progress, we’re trying to make everything we add just a little bit nicer.

Attachments

• E4146EB4-C864-4E6B-9A7C-C00F2A5698D6.jpeg
    E4146EB4-C864-4E6B-9A7C-C00F2A5698D6.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 43
  • ACA4DDFD-AF03-4B3C-B8B1-A0E2BB14F47A.jpeg
    ACA4DDFD-AF03-4B3C-B8B1-A0E2BB14F47A.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 36
Agreed on waste of space. I went through same decision and bought flat rack with sides off amazon. Keeps plenty of wood handy near smoker and its currently mixed with oak and cherry. Easy to get access to both. You can see in background here

View attachment 630432
I definitely like that. That looks like something I should look into to help organize the wood.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky