Wood Identification please...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerppyjerp

Original poster
May 23, 2013
Hey everyone...New to this site and like what I'm seeing. I do however need some help. I have a local wood vender who offered to deliver some bbq smoking and fire pit wood to my house. But he delivered while I was not home and I have no clue as to which is what. I'm used to opening bags of "wood chunks" from the store and they are clearly marked. Thanks for the info...
93954d0a_photo1.jpg
df899ea2_photo2.jpg
46b812b3_photo3.jpg
855c795f_photo4.jpg

And How do you add a pic without it having to be downloaded?
In the reply box across the top to the right is an icon that looks like a piece of film, that is to post video, just to the left of that is the icon to post pictures. You can post directly from your computer by pressing the "browse" button.

You need to post your location, please, and did this purveyor of BBQ wood say what wood he was bringing to you?

BTW maple is a fine BBQ wood, I use it all the time, however I hesitate to call any of the wood pictured maple. I will say that what ever it is , it is well seasoned.

Not sure about the first 3. The fourth one could be a fruit wood.  Try a small piece of each, one at a time, in a small fire and find out what it smells like.

Mike

Im located in SoCal San Gabriel Valley. The wood came from a a friend of a friend that has a "wood" company in palmdale. I was told pic 1 was firewood and all the rest is oak. Seems a bit different to be Oak...

jerp, morning and welcome to the forum.....   

Please take a moment and stop into " [color= rgb(146, 144, 139)]/[/color][color= rgb(128, 0, 0)]Roll Call[/color][color= rgb(146, 144, 139)]/[/color]   " and introduce yourself and get a proper welcome from our members.... Also, if you would note your location in your profile, it will help in the future when answering questions about smokin'...   elevation, humidity etc....    

We're glad you stopped in and joined our group...    Enjoy the long smokey ride....     Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky