Wood ID

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beertender

Original poster
May 29, 2007
Houston, Tx
Well I got home from work tonight and too my surprise theres a large tree limb laying where my car was. Weather didn't even seem to be that bad but glad I went to work. So here's some pics of the leaves and some bark if it came out right. I need and ID for the type of tree and can I burn it ?

I've got another tree in the backyard I'll be wondering about before long. I've asked and noone around here has a green thumb...figured this would be the best place to ask.

The leaves look right for birch but from what I found online the bark is different. Most seem to have a white look. This one is brown all over. Someone on my fishing forum said maybe an ash. I'm about to go look that one up too.

I'm sure there is a botanical gardens/ horticultural center in the Houston area. Can always take a sample to them. Mom worked at the Ft Worth Botanical Gardens for several years and had people bring her samples of bark, leaves, etc all the time, wanting to know what such and such is.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky