Wood Chunks at Menards Finally

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ballagh

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2006
Iowa
This time of year in Iowa it gets hard to find chunked wood instead of chips. Menards Lumberyards finally got some Hickory and Mesquite Wood Chunks in. $4.97 per bag. They still have the apple, maple, and cherry chips in stock too. No digital thermos either. Just thought I would share.

I bought a bag of each a while back. These are pretty good, but more like chips rather than chunks. Some very tiny pieces are in the bag.

I found some decent size bags at a local Wal-Mart Super store here in Naples, FL the other day. About a 10lb bag of chunks, Mesquite and Hickory, for only 4.99 a bag. I thought that was a pretty good price so bought one of each. Of course, with the BGE, it doesn't take a lot of wood to smoke so a little goes a long way with me. :D I would be up a creek here if I had a total wood type smoker :cry:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky