• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

wood chunk storage

indianaman79

Joined May 4, 2012
i bought some fruited wood and encountered a problem i haven't thought of before i ordered: how should i store wood chunks outside in a garage?

Any thoughts?

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
how much did you get, are these coming bagged already if so i you could probably just leave them like that, or did you get a truck load and they're just going to dump them.

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
I store mine in large plastic tubs with fitted lids and label the tubs with the type of wood.

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2014
Regardless of what the chunks come in I'd store them in plastic tubs/bins as kruizer kruizer suggested and I would in addition keep the tubs from coming into contact with the floor if its cement/concrete.

indianaman79

Joined May 4, 2012
it came in about 2.5" chunks packed in a cardboard box (which i've left open at the moment). total weight was 16 lbs

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.