Wood Chips in an offset smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Paolo

Original poster
Aug 5, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am new here. I'm currently living here in the Philippines. I am planning to buy an Offset Smoker to start my passion for smoking. I am fond of eating brisket, ribs, etc or anything barbecue.

Wood logs are not available here in PH. My question would be, how will i maintain my temperature if i will be using a Wood Chips? Most of the vid that i have watched, they are using wood logs. Do i need to wet my wood chips? Or just monitor my gauge every 15-30mins?

It would be tough to maintain a fire with chips. You’d go through a lot. If you can’t get logs I would use charcoal for heat and then put your chips right on the burning coals for your smoke. Wood chunks would be even better than chips, but charcoal is your best option. Hope this helps you out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky