Woke up to this!

Discussion in 'Cheese' started by capntrip, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Glad I bought the AMNS.....This is what I woke up to today! Muenster,Swiss, Cheedar,Mozzarella&pepperjack....Now the wait begins!!![​IMG]

2. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Nice!...JJ

3. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks like it came out great. Now comes the hard part 

4. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

The waiting is the hardest part!!!!  (-- to quote Tom Petty...)  [​IMG]   Looks great, though!

5. I have never smoked cheese. But they look great..... what is this "waiting" about/for?

6. daveomak

daveomak Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

BossK, afternoon,  Waiting... is for the "blooming process".... It allows the smoke to penetrate throughout the block of cheese.... It makes the smoke flavor milder.....  Most folks vacuum pack the blocks and let rest in the fridge for 2 weeks or more.....   With a good vac-pack the cheese should be good for a year or more.... Mine never lasts that long so I really don't know what I'm talking about... LOL....  Dave

7. The swiss and Monterey jack are really good!!!! Nice smoky flavor!!

8. Nice looking cheese there.

9. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

You gunna love that!

Good luck and good smoking.

10. ronrude

ronrude Meat Mopper

Nice.  I know I don't regret my purchase.  I have a 3lb slab of bacon curing so I can play with it again. 

11. thoseguys26

thoseguys26 Master of the Pit

Hey, awesome info. I've never research cheese smoking yet on here but the other day I threw a piece of my 2 month aged provolone in the smoker and I just cooled it real quick and ate half of it. It was great but had a small smoke ring and the middle was pretty much lacking any smoke flavor. I never thought to bloom my cheese!

12. Here's the pepperjack sat 2 weeks.....Sorry too long LOL[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

With yesterdays smoked steelhead YUM YUM GOOD EATING!!!