Wisconsin Get together spring 2023

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
I am in the planning stages of putting together a Wisconsin SMF member get together. I am targeting the spring of 2023 for the get together. Would love to get an idea of how many members are interested and what the theme/format should be.

Do we want a casual lunch atmosphere or a cook-off kind of event? If a cook-off, I am in favor of donating winnings to a charity in the name of the winner. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Saturday 22 APR 2023 is my tentative date. Get there when you want but food served at high noon!

I am hoping to get a public park close to Lambeau field. Lots of nice parks in Brown county so that shouldn't be an issue.

Let me know if you have any interest in such a gathering. I will likely need some assistance with planning and logistics.

JC :emoji_cat:

I hope this works out and has a big turnout. They are so much fun

Reactions: JC in GB
Can’t wait to see the details
Depending on work schedule I would be interested
So far I have gotten only you, me, and a member from Appleton interested. I am still interested even if we only got three folks grilling burgers..

Sometimes it starts small. But it will be a good time

Yea... We will keep bumping the thread so it stays visible most of the time... Don't get discouraged if you don't get a lot of replies right away... They will come eventually... They all started the same way with just a thought and then evolved from there...

JC none of my business but have you considered having it at maybe a campground or maybe someone with enough rooms place and maybe make it a weekend thing. Only reason I suggest this is you may get more involvement from people who live a bit farther away from the venue if it's a weekend thing might make it worth driving from farther.
I will tell you the first North Florida Gathering had a grand total of three members and two wives. Since that first Gathering we have had many with 50-100 people and I think we went over 100 at least one year.
If I can be of any help to you in your planning feel free to PM me I may not know much but we have hosted a couple Gatherings.

JC none of my business but have you considered having it at maybe a campground or maybe someone with enough rooms place and maybe make it a weekend thing. Only reason I suggest this is you may get more involvement from people who live a bit farther away from the venue if it's a weekend thing might make it worth driving from farther.
I will tell you the first North Florida Gathering had a grand total of three members and two wives. Since that first Gathering we have had many with 50-100 people and I think we went over 100 at least one year.
If I can be of any help to you in your planning feel free to PM me I may not know much but we have hosted a couple Gatherings.

Thanks for that. Yes, you are 100% correct. One reason I was hoping to have it near Lambeau. Lots of available accommodations as it is off season. If a large enough group were to materialize, you can rent an entire party house right on Lombardi Ave.

I didn't mention it because I didn't want to imply that folks had to get a room to come. :emoji_laughing:

Also, you certainly don't have to be from Wisconsin to come.

JC my advise is to pick a weekend and a location and go from there. It may be small to begin with but putting something on the calendar makes it so that the planning can begin. If you need any help let me know.

Brian

Maybe somebody in the area has plenty of room (land) and would offer to hold it at their place... (with hotels close by for those don't camp)... If not, maybe a campround centrally located with hotels close by)... I would suggest that the campground has all thier sites side by side, not spread out through the woods....

That person to offer up wouldn't have to worry about it being a big rowdy party As MOST (me not included :emoji_wink: ) of the members here are not that type (anymore) ... It's great to see/taste what other people cook
Be great to make new friends (which some become really good friends) In your general area ...

As Brian said... If any help is needed for logistics just give a yell

• Love
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky