Winter warming beverage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
So, it's 40° outside, not as cold as.some.of you get, and approaching sundown. All this means jt will get colder. My son is coming over for dinner tonight and I am smoking him a tri tip. My usual habit, ask wife about the habit 😈, is drinking IPA's during the cook. At this temp it seems like I need an alternative. I was thinking Irish Wiskey, but thought I'd ask to get some more idea's. I

Whats your favorite beverage when smoking in the cold dark nights?

Reactions: JLeonard
Well, my son got me some writers block for some event, so thats what I'm having.

IT= 53, pull at 130,so maybe more then one sip 😈

Reactions: bigfurmn
7CED0F1B-5173-4DDD-87F6-6FF8F29FBE67.jpeg

My father's favorite warmer this time of year was Tom & Jerry.
They are usually only found in December leading up to Christmas. Each establishment has their proprietary blend of whisky and brandy.
I used to choke one down at the local Legion Club (before they closed) in his memory.
Well, my son got me some writers block for some event, so thats what I'm having.
I'm guessing that is winter bock before the ... whatever happened?
It is kinda complicated but I like a hot buttered rum for the cold weather
A friend of mine will drink my hot buttered rum year around.
I have to look for the recipe. I left my computer at home

edit
My usual home is Minnesota, but this winter, I'm in Florida. Maybe in January or February, it will cool down enough for a toddy

I’m a pretty simple man.....would be a heavily iced Coke Zero with 2 meyer wedges...... the alternate would be the zero with lime and coconut syrup.....ie a dirty Coke Zero...... both would be in a vacuum sealed SS thermos..... ie cold for cold!

Usually whisky, water, with a splash of pop. But sometimes ya need a sipper

20211219_204549.jpg

I like Jamison for an Irish whisky.

So yankee2bbq yankee2bbq tell me more...is that similar to Jamison? I'd have to check if we have it around here.
Do keep a couple homemade recipes around but they are kept in basement...much farther to walk to get a sip so they last much longer!

Ryan

Fueling around..
edit
My usual home is Minnesota, but this winter, I'm in Florida. Maybe in January or February, it will cool down enough for a toddy.

As a man still sitting and shoveling his fresh 20 inches of snow from Friday 12/10 , yeah I'm still trying to find it all you know how that goes, all I want to say to you is fu... Fuel your passion in the warm weather. I'm happy for you not dealing with this crap.

Edit: let's not forget the TORNADOS from Wednesday either.

Last edited:
My father's favorite warmer this time of year was Tom & Jerry.
They are usually only found in December leading up to Christmas. Each establishment has their proprietary blend of whisky and brandy.
I used to choke one down at the local Legion Club (before they closed) in his memory. I'm guessing that is winter bock before the ... whatever happened?
A friend of mine will drink my hot buttered rum year around.
I have to look for the recipe. I left my computer at home

edit
My usual home is Minnesota, but this winter, I'm in Florida. Maybe in January or February, it will cool down enough for a toddy

Same here, I still drink them at the duck club. I love the smell when you open that little plastic tub that the mix comes in. Another one is a hot buttered rum, same as above.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky