Winter Lansing Michigan Cheese Smoke 03/16/14

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sounds good KFC.  I can't wait to try your jerky.  I will have cheese and crackers and thinking about ABTs of some kind too.  I will set up a canopy and have a salamander for heat so it should be nice and warm and smokey. 

Stan

I will have 6 in  my group.  Scott has not got back to me yet but I think hes coming. So far that's it.  Bring your tube smoker too Cam.

Stan

Bringing my little chief smoker. Looks like all the cheese I have will fit. I have 8 brats, buns peppers and onion we can throw in a pan. I will bring both amps tubes. Also have a large hunk of smoked salmon and a bit of venison jerky.
see yall at noon!

The wait is brutal! And with as many people as I know always wanting some of it, the cheese goes fast. I need to smoke it more often.

It was a good smoke and a good time for sure!!! 

We did cheese in Orange, Pecan, Pitsmaster and apple.

Nuts and cheese in Pecan.

Pitsmaster dust cheese.

Orange pellets Lots of smoke.

Had Abts and Brats that KFC made smoked over charcoal with cherry.  No finished pics sorry but the camera was the last thing on my mind when the brats came off.

Kfc also brought venison jerky and salmon that was great snacking on and he brought peppers and onions we grilled and served with the brats.  It was a great lunch while smoking.

KFCs smoker filled and smoking with apple. I did not get pics of Cams cheese maybe he can add.

My packed cheese.

My friend Dron and a couple neighbors came over and added cheese after I took the pics so the smokers were full and everyone left with cheese.

All in all a good day and I hope to repeat again.

Stan

Oh man that all looks so good. Nice job hosting Stan. Looks like you had a great set-up. I'm interested to know how the cheese smoked in orange pellets turns out.

Sounds great Cam! I've failed at brisket twice. Now. Good flavor but tough as a $2 steak! I just bought a bunch of cheese on sale today gonna smoke it tomorrow with a cherry/maple combo.

Let me know what day your gonna smoke and I'll head on out.

Mole hunting and Brisket smoking what could be better than that. 
Sounds great Cam! I've failed at brisket twice. Now. Good flavor but tough as a $2 steak! I just bought a bunch of cheese on sale today gonna smoke it tomorrow with a cherry/maple combo.

Let me know what day your gonna smoke and I'll head on out.
I think rockstar is hooked on smoked cheese.  What temp did you take the brisket to scott?
Just waiting for the snow and frost to go away. I need to try my hand at a brisket, so ya'll might be guinnie pigs for the day.
At least two more weeks of this snow then Spring.

Stan

I decided to wait on smoking the cheese. Little but hungover today. This march madness is making me drink more beer, and makers mark. Lol!

I also just ordered some new pellets in my drunken stooper last night. I decided since the cheese I smoked two weeks ago used maple, I didn't want to use it again. Gonna use hickory on the next batch. But I also ordered apple and peach. Anyone ever smoke cheese with peach? I've never used peach to smoke anything. Hopefully it's good cause I have 5 pounds heading this way! Thanks for the March sale Todd!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky