Winter Car Kit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
That time of year already. Packing a tote for my car trunk. Sleeping bag, MREs, Toilet paper, lighter/ strike anywhere matches, tea candles, Esbit cook set, solid fuel tablets, alcohol stove, alcohol/yellow Deet.

Very basic supplies.

Anyone else do this?

Reactions: JLeonard
Not here. If it gets down to 32F that is cold here.
Get a little snow occasionally, but not a lot.

Nope not here. Heck if we have bad weather predicted. We shut everything down and may start on a two hour delay.

Reactions: SCKT
Mine is more clothing based . That's mostly from working in the cold , but I still keep it all in there . Hand and foot warmers , TP , and energy bars . I might want to check the dates on those . Lol . Couple bottles of water too .

When I lived out West I had all of that & a wax candle heater. This was out where the Missouri meets the Yellowstone. My territory covered N Dak, E Mt, spent a lot of time on the high line driving in the Winter.

I always have 2 days worth of my meds, multiple cigarette lighters, at least a sheet in the summer and more in the winter. Always some quick carb snacks (like cookies) and enough water for 2 days. Habit from when I was out in the woods a lot. A fixed blade high carbon knife. And a change of clothes which has come in handy as it's a long trip through the woods to my lady's house. Whether we'll admit it or not, every man has needed a new pair of underwear and a pair of shorts in an "omg I can't even get out of the truck without leakage" moment.

That time of year already. Packing a tote for my car trunk. Sleeping bag, MREs, Toilet paper, lighter/ strike anywhere matches, tea candles, Esbit cook set, solid fuel tablets, alcohol stove, alcohol/yellow Deet.

Very basic supplies.

Anyone else do this?
only a spare magazine in S Florida. :-)

In Southern California the only things I check on are wallet, keys, cell phone and a drink to bring with me.

I always find it amusing when someone says "Out West" when they are referring to the middle of the country. 1803 was a very long time ago.

In Southern California the only things I check on are wallet, keys, cell phone and a drink to bring with me.

I always find it amusing when someone says "Out West" when they are referring to the middle of the country. 1803 was a very long time ago.
Not only did I live out West in cowboy country I now live on the West coast South and East of Ca .:)

I keep tow straps in my truck, but that's a year-round thing. I've pulled a couple of dumba$$e$ out of a ditch. Other than that nothing special.

Chris

Reactions: bill ace 350
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky