wings on a wsm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

power

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
Semaphore South Australia
getting ready for Christmas, doing a 9kg boneless pork leg (weber kettle) 3kg lamb leg & a 2kg lamb forequarter (weber kettle)!

Now, if I remove the waterpan on the wsm, and fill the charcoal ring up high, could or can I cook chicken wings on both racks? and how long will they take? (will cut wings into two & marinate & throw the tips away) looking at at least 5kg of wings!

cheers guys

The OLD WSM manuals show direct grilling by removing the water pan and moving the charcoal grate up the lower cooking grate level, starting your fire there, and cooking on the top cooking grate.  However, unless the distance for the fire is an issue, I don't see why you couldn't simply remove the water pan and cook on both cooking grates.  I've seen guy do it with a rotisserie.

Here's a page out of the 1981 WSM manual:

BTW - you can Steam on it as well:

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky