Wings for the first time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

justinl

Original poster
Dec 25, 2013
Newville, PA
Tomorrow I will he smoking about 5 dozen wings for the first time. Actually it's the first thing I will have ever smoked. I was going to inject creole butter and hot sauce but I have decided to just do a dry rub. I think I'll use hickory chips instead of mesquite. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks and wish me luck.

B]

They'll sit like this for about 12-14 hours and then be ready for smoke. I plan on smoking for about 2 hours at 225-230 and then about 10-15 mins at 250 to crisp as much as possible.

Welcome aboard Justin!  Good luck with those wings!  Be sure to let us know how they turn out...and remember, we love to see the qview!

Red

Well the wings turned out ok I guess. I couldn't get the temp to where it needed to be so after two hours I put them in the oven to finish. I guess I'll just learn with trying.
Another thing is some people said they were a bit too smoky. If I would only put a few chips in would that only give it a small smoke flavor? Any tips with that? Thanks.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky