Wings and other Super Bowl items

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rstr hunter

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Fort Pierre, SD
Sinceour Packers made the Super Bowl this year, we decided to do a Super Bowl party. We mostly tried to to appetizers but it kind of turned into a BBQ theme as well.  We started with some wings that we tossed in EVOO and then dusted with the rub I mostly use for chicken. 

4fe45ec7_IMG_0499.jpg

Then we put these on the smoker for about 2 hours at 250 degrees until done.  After smoking, since we smoked on Sat for Sun's game, the wings went right to the fridge uncovered until cool.  On Sunday we tossed these with sauce and baked at 300 for 30 minutes to bake on the sauce, warm up the wings, and crisp the skin.  They turned out awesome doing them this way. 

We also made some ribs for Sat night's supper and to provide meat for Dutch's beans. 

64f95d91_IMG_0501.jpg

90ab31d5_IMG_0504.jpg

Here is the smoker with the ribs wrapped for the 3-2-1 method.

8af6a2a6_IMG_0510.jpg

And the wings ready to come off with the ribs in their last hour of smoke with BBQ. 

0cc4aee7_IMG_0513.jpg

Thank you all for looking.  Sorry there is not the end pics, but the house got really busy with the cooking and trying to keep the house clean despite the best efforts of our 2 yr old girl.  But the food did all turn out very good.  Also check out the superbowl nuts I did for snacks on my othe q-view.  Thanks again.

Appears as though you had a very nice Super Bowl meal. Everything looks wonderful. Those racks of  ribs have an excellent color and lots of flavorful meat on them. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky