WING EXPERIMENT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your right its insane how much wings are. I used to buy birds for 85cents per lb. I would buy a bunch at one time and break them down myself. Really cuts the cost on the more expensive stuff like the breasts and wings. I would do about 10 each time. Thats when we would have wing night. 10 birds gets you 40 wings. a nice little reward for cuting chickens up that day. I need to start doing that again.
I hear you on the cost. The least expensive wings I can get are from Sam’s. They are still about double the price of legs or thighs. They are usually monster sized though. I don’t usually break them down before cooking but that really is a great idea. Maybe I’ll get a pack on Saturday with my pork butt. I’m definitely getting some thighs to go over my vortex. Chicken has now become one of my favorite meals.
G

I hear you on the cost. The least expensive wings I can get are from Sam’s. They are still about double the price of legs or thighs. They are usually monster sized though. I don’t usually break them down before cooking but that really is a great idea. Maybe I’ll get a pack on Saturday with my pork butt. I’m definitely getting some thighs to go over my vortex. Chicken has now become one of my favorite meals.
G
Ive bought them at sams before. They are like pterodactyl wings! Lol!at least the ones I got. These were a medium size wing but i would love to try this with some bigger wings.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky