Wine and cheese Italian sausage sandwich .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Made some Italian sausage the other day with white wine and Romano cheese . Added a fair amount of fennel . This was based on 2% salt for weight , the rest was a " that looks good " measurement . Wine , Romano , fennel and a bit of black pepper .
Browned the links in a cast iron grill pan
20211114_173332.jpg 20211114_180347.jpg
Take and bag ciabatta rolls from the store .
20211114_174948.jpg
Rip the links along the length . 3 halves per
sandwich .
20211114_182125.jpg
Sauce , ( Mids 3 cheese from a jar ) then some cheese and in the oven to melt .
20211114_182655.jpg
20211114_183134.jpg
I'm hooked on this spinach and garlic mixture .
I saw forktender forktender mention it , and had to try it .
Goes great on an Italian sausage sandwich .
20211114_183224.jpg
20211114_183407.jpg
Close it up and cut . Should have sliced the other way .
Was a bit of a challenge to eat . Man the sausage was great .
Simple flavors .
I like the spinach and garlic way better than peppers for this .
20211114_183740.jpg
Just thought I would post it .
Thanks for lookin .

ya lost me at the spinach, but otherwise it looks and sounds like a winner!

ya lost me at the spinach, but otherwise it looks and sounds like a winner!
Dan , I get it . Never used to eat anything like that , but it's really good cooked down with the garlic .
Thanks for the comment .

All Looks Great, From Here!!
I gotta try the Spinach!!
My Olive Oil might not like it, but I will !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

What do you mean by you should have cut the other way?
Talking about the whole sandwich .
I cross cut it . Should have cut it along the length of the sausage . It wanted to come apart when taking a bite .
Looks and sounds delicious to me! I like spinach
Thanks . Yup . Kids got me hooked on it . Meat , taters and gravy for 60 years . Time to get some nutrition .

That sanny sounds delicious Rich! I happen to love spinach just about any way it comes, make it with a little garlic and butter quite often. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
That sanny sounds delicious Rich! I happen to love spinach just about any way it comes, make it with a little garlic and butter quite often
Thanks Ray . Been eating a lot of it myself . Daughter makes all the salads with spinach leaves . Really cuts down on my Metamucil bill too . Sauteed with garlic and butter is good .
I was raised on canned spinach and man I hated it but LOVE the fresh stuff and good for you too. Nice call. Looks killer Rich!
Thanks . Yup all the veg came out of a can when I was growing up . Hated it . Fresh is so much better .

Reminds me of the the infamous pork and brocolli rabe sandwich I want to try and clone. I bet your canadian steak loin would work really well there.
Well , I went down that road a couple weeks ago . To many stops at the fridge and it got kind of " sloppy " so I didn't post it .
Here's a peak just for you . I used the spinach instead of the broccoli rabe .
Had the makings of a good sandwich . The loin was killer , and you know what it's seasoned with .
20211003_175309.jpg
20211003_182255.jpg
The end .

Reactions: zwiller
I'll take one and you can put Dan's spinach on mine. I love spinach!!! Great looking sammie Rich.

Point for sure
Chris

Made some Italian sausage the other day with white wine and Romano cheese . Added a fair amount of fennel . This was based on 2% salt for weight , the rest was a " that looks good " measurement . Wine , Romano , fennel and a bit of black pepper .
Browned the links in a cast iron grill pan
View attachment 517106 View attachment 517108
Take and bag ciabatta rolls from the store .
View attachment 517107
Rip the links along the length . 3 halves per
sandwich .
View attachment 517109
Sauce , ( Mids 3 cheese from a jar ) then some cheese and in the oven to melt .
View attachment 517110
View attachment 517112
I'm hooked on this spinach and garlic mixture .
I saw forktender forktender mention it , and had to try it .
Goes great on an Italian sausage sandwich .
View attachment 517113
View attachment 517114
Close it up and cut . Should have sliced the other way .
Was a bit of a challenge to eat . Man the sausage was great .
Simple flavors .
I like the spinach and garlic way better than peppers for this .
View attachment 517116
Just thought I would post it .
Thanks for lookin .

Looks great. Going to have to try the spinach and garlic. Have done broccoli rabe and garlic and that is tasty as well.

Dang Chop, that looks absolutely delicious. I do a wine and cheese (parmigiano reggiano) that is very tasty, but the Romano sounds like a nice change up. Will have to give it a go. Thanks for posting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky