Windy temp control

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

younggun

Original poster
Mar 7, 2011
St. Chrles, MO
Ok so I know it's Thanksgiving and most will prob be posting pics and what not but I have a question.

Is there a good remedy for temp fluctuation in windy areas. I live in CO and I usually smoke at my in laws ranch. Everything goes great until the sun comes up which kicks up the wind and then my temps start to go nuts. Is there anything you guys recommend besides putting up wind breaks or moving to maybe the barn?

I'd do the barn, when I'am smoking when it's windy I'll often times just pull my smoker just inside the garage ! If it's hard to move the smoker, ya have any hay or straw bales for a wind break ?

Can't fit vehicles in our garage! Therefore the smoker sits by the door best way to go you never know when it's gonna rain or snow.

I hadn't thought about bails. Unfortunately we sold them all already. I'll have to remember that next year when we bail the wheat straw.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky