Window shopping at or under $700

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

duffygould

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Well I'm window shopping for a pellet smoker and looking for some input.
Budget will be $700 and interested in vertical as well as horizontal. Not too particular one way or the other.
I'd mainly be smoking Pork shoulders/butts, Brisket, chickens and I'd like to be able to do bacon at lower temps. The size isn't a huge deal to me but I'm not looking for a small apartment balcony thing, I've got a good amount of space in my yard and like smoking a lot at once.

Any ideas or personal reviews are welcome! Thanks for anything you've got!

Reactions: xDavidx

This a pretty good bundle deal going on right now. I've had the previous version of this grill for around 7 years. It's been a tank.

Dave

I bought my son the pitboss 5 vertical from Walmart 2 years or so ago, it works well and has a lot of rack space, maybe 1500" ? they make 1 larger also that's probably in your budget also, I have used it several times lately and it works well

"Widow shopping at or under $700"

Whew! Looking at the title, I was getting a little worried there.......

I would like me a widow also, preferably filthy rich & one who doesn't mind me having a girlfriend. Just kidding of course. Lol.

Back to the real question at hand, how big a smoker you need and do you also expect to grill on it?

Last edited:
Reactions: duffygould
Not trying to persuade you but any reason your liking for a pellet vs an electronic or anything else?
I'm open to all options. I just got back to the States from Italy for the last 7 years. I built a UDS out there but had to get rid of it before the move. Now I'm thinking about something I can set and forget. The Pellet options seem to be very plentiful now a days so I was going to look into that route.

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
Well as luck would have it, the budget has increased. The wife started talking about buying more stuff that's made in U.S.A. and I told her that's gonna be a big increase in smoker budget. And her reply was " good I think we need to support our country more in that way". So now I've switched gears and now only looking at US made smokers. So thanks to everyone for input and suggestions. I'm going to continue my search in other threads.

Reactions: mlk18
Well as luck would have it, the budget has increased. The wife started talking about buying more stuff that's made in U.S.A. and I told her that's gonna be a big increase in smoker budget. And her reply was " good I think we need to support our country more in that way". So now I've switched gears and now only looking at US made smokers. So thanks to everyone for input and suggestions. I'm going to continue my search in other threads.
Yoder YS640.

Check out Smokin Brothers https://smokinbrothers.com/ , Pitts & Spitts https://pittsandspitts.com/ and MAK https://makgrills.com/ All excellent US made grill company's.
As my luck would have it, there's a Pitts and Spitts dealer in my local area. So I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the 1250. Deposit has been made and now just waiting on shipping. I'll be sure to add some Q-View once it's all setup and smokes rollin'. Thanks for all the tips everyone!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky