Will there be a August Throwdown?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

artisanbeard

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Mountain City, GA.
Hey fellow smokers,

I just wanted to know if we are planning on having a August throw down. I'm ready to smoke some good grub, and win some cool prizes!

The Throwdowns are lot of fun...But it is a Shame that more of our Sponsor Companies won't put up Prizes! We all Love Todd's AMNPS and Pellets and it made my year winning one in the December Throwdown, but why is Todd the only consistent contributor? Let's go guys lots of members buy your products how about showing a little goodwill in return!...JJ

Yes there will be one. It might not be posted for a few days. It wont end until after Labor Day.

The Throwdowns are lot of fun...But it is a Shame that more of our Sponsor Companies won't put up Prizes! We all Love Todd's AMNPS and Pellets and it made my year winning one in the December Throwdown, but why is Todd the only consistent contributor? Let's go guys lots of members buy your products how about showing a little goodwill in return!...JJ
X2!!!!!!!!
Yes there will be one. It might not be posted for a few days. It wont end until after Labor Day.
Woohoo! Barring fires, floods and whatever else may happen, I'm excited.

I agree. Just thinking out loud, but does anybody contact the sponsors to ask if they would like to contribute to the contest? Some of them might not always know when the contest are going on, and "out of sight, out of mind". A short, personalized email specifically asking if there would be anything the sponsor would be willing to donate might be just the answer...but then again, this might be something the admins already do. 

I like winning...and I like competing for a prize. Who doesn't like a prize? 
first.gif

Nothing yet...JJ

going for two in a row lol. last month was fun. just got my prize. thaks todd for the pellet smoker and sample pellets. a review will be done for my gratitude. prizes are fun and so is making some gormet grub.

been so hot this summer i just toss it in, in the morning and pop it out at dark. no gas or coals needed. the pellet smoker will be perfect fot that style of cooking. SUNSMOKES. lol.
wtf1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky