Wild Mushroom Guide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meat hunter

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
Avid morel mushroom hunter, and this year, found over 40# of Hen of the woods. With that, I want to expand on this hobby but want a good guide, field identification book but do not which one I should get. I know there are mushroom hunters on here, so if any of you have any suggestions as to what a good field guide for wild mushrooms would be, let me know. Thanks.

I don't have a book on mushrooms but I dolove them in my cooking and would really like to find some in the woods. There are alot of wood around us but I have no idea about where to find them. Specially the eatible kind.

This one is a must have in my opinion. This was my first year searching and it was by far the most useful tool. The mushroomexpert website is very good to supplement to any guidebook you get. You should be able to find some great regional books in the "local" section of your nearest book store or library.
Good luck and be cautious.
Godspeed,
bigslick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky