wifi meat probe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just recently bought an Inkbird 4 probe model for $51 on amazon. i used it on my WSM last Saturday. it worked well and he app was easy to use. i like it and highly recommend it i have had maverick and thermoworks before this one and i like this one much better than the last two i have had. Can't wait to hook it up to my Lang next weekend!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
Do you get a signal inside the house with yours? Mine drops the connection unless I hold it up to a window. Rather disappointing.
Hi there, any confusion please feel free to send me a msg^^ Will do my best to help you!

I’ve had one of these for about three years, it was about $25 from Walmart. The range for me seems to be about 100 feet

7_223426c0-dda0-4c1a-82cb-f14468efc3e3_1024x1024.jpg

I just got the Inkbird IBQ-4T which is wifi and for $100 (looks like it has a 10% off code in this thread), it is well worth it. It is way cheaper than some of those other expensive wifi thermometers, has 4 probes, the app works great, and you won't have to worry about losing connectivity as long as you are connected to the internet. Great thermometer.

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
I just got the Inkbird IBQ-4T which is wifi and for $100 (looks like it has a 10% off code in this thread), it is well worth it. It is way cheaper than some of those other expensive wifi thermometers, has 4 probes, the app works great, and you won't have to worry about losing connectivity as long as you are connected to the internet. Great thermometer.
Thanks for the feedback!

Do you get a signal inside the house with yours? Mine drops the connection unless I hold it up to a window. Rather disappointing.
I'm not sure how far it is from your smoker to where the signal is being received. All I know is that all of my Inkbird signals make it throughout my whole house even at the furthest point upstairs on the second story on the opposite side of my home. I'd talk with Inkbird, you may have got a bum unit, "it" happens to the best of them. :emoji_joy:

I just recently bought an Inkbird 4 probe model for $51 on amazon. i used it on my WSM last Saturday. it worked well and he app was easy to use. i like it and highly recommend it i have had maverick and thermoworks before this one and i like this one much better than the last two i have had. Can't wait to hook it up to my Lang next weekend!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
I’ve had that model (IBT-4XS) for a year now, and have been very happy. Bluetooth pretty good range, I’ve lost it in the most extreme points in my old house, but have yet to lose it at this one.
Also have a ThermoPro TP-08 ... the unit out at the grill works fine, but have always had trouble syncing it with the remote. (2 pc unit, doesn’t use an app).
That said, if I needed another I’d spring for WiFi.

I've got both the Thermoworks 2 channel Smoke with Smoke Gateway (makes it wifi) and the 4 channel Signals. While I like the Signals, I am not impressed with the longevity of the unit. My first one somehow got cracked while sitting in my smoker supply box; while it was my fault that the Signals was not in a protective case, it's not like there's anything heavy in my supply box that should have cracked the display. In January I sent it back for $70 repair and they sent back a new unit. Now, 4 months later, the bottom two probe ports don't work, and this unit I have handled with kid gloves; even made a padded, protected case for it where it lives when not on my smoker. Wife had a couple of Thermoworks instant read thermometers for the kitchen and gave up on them for the same reason - lack of durability/longevity. She switched to a Lava Tools Javelin that has been a durable champ. I've not had any problems with the Smoke, it's just a pain to have two things that have to be charged/on for it to connect to wifi. I think I'll look at Fireboard.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky