• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Why the wait?

Joined Apr 2, 2011
Aside from making the cheese taste better, what is actually taking place with the waiting time on smoked cheese? I smoked my first cheese last night

Cheddar

Swiss

Pepper Jack

Moz. sticks

Curds

I couldnt help myself and sampled a curd. It was like licking an ash tray. I understand that all these cheeses will be much improved after two weeks but I dont understand how or why. What chem reaction or other process is taking place during the two week rest period that makes it taste better?

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
I am not a chemist nor have i tried to find out why this works...it just does!! It takes time for the smoke to mellow out and not be so overpowering.If you find the anwser let us know!

roller

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 10, 2010
Licking an Ash Tray.....Ha Ha Ha Ha  !!!!

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
I tried some right away after I smoked it and then waited two weeks and.............well you will find out. :)

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.