Whole rabbit and garden veggies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
First time to grill and eat rabbit but I have to say it was tasty and for a lean meat extremely juicy.

Rubbed to rabbit down with olive oil and hit it with a cilantro lime blend, jalapeno salt with garlic and paprika. I put it in a large foil pandemic on a roast rack and dumped a beer down on the bottom. The rack kept it out of the liquid.

It sat on the counter while I brought the Primo up to 350°f. I used food and cherry wood. It took about 50 minutes to reach 167°f . I spritzed every 15 minutes with apple cider vinegar.

Veggies and herbs came from our garden. Mrs philpom grilled baby squash treated with olive oil, topped with salt, pepper, fresh garlic and chopped almonds. She also roasted cubed turnips with olive oil, salt, pepper and dill.

20230522_142931.jpg

20230521_152916.jpg

20230521_170417.jpg

20230521_184324.jpg

Wow, what a super meal! Had to do some chicken for our daughter :)

Was that a wild rabbit or one bred for meat?
I used to hunt partridge and rabbit. I could not ever get over the very gamey taste of wild rabbit so I stopped hunting them.
Did not matter how they were cooked.

Reactions: philpom
LoL my family couldn't get past a squirrel lookin like a rat. Much less a whole rabbit lookin like a cat.
So I quartered the rabbit so it looked liked a quater fried chicken. Kids thought it was white meat thighs. LoL

• Love
Reactions: KBFlyer and philpom
Was that a wild rabbit or one bred for meat?
I used to hunt partridge and rabbit. I could not ever get over the very gamey taste of wild rabbit so I stopped hunting them.
Did not matter how they were cooked.
This was a bred meat rabbit, no off flavor whatsoever.

How could you do that to Bugs!?!?!? LOL!

Actually looks pretty darn good. Veggies look good too.

Jim
When I brought it home our 11 year old daughter looked at it, then looked at me with a stone cold look on her face and said, "I'm not going to eat that" LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky