Whole Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Loin needs brined or injected for sure and also pull at low IT. LOVE loins. It's such a great cut and you can do so many different things to it. Reminds me that I need to take a chunk out of the freezer. This is CB Omak style injection and 24hrs beech.

20220110_154330_resized_1.jpg

I want to to thank each and everyone of you that provided extremely valuable information and tips for my first cook. I ended up cutting the whole loin enter thirds and brining for 24 hours in just salt and water and smoked at 225 for right at 2 1/2 hours. Removed from the smoker at 140 to 143 degrees and rested 15 minutes. No binder was used for the rubs. And yes I will take lots of pics next time (stupid me). One other thing, I have the Thermoworks Smoke and it was reading 27 degrees hotter for the cook chamber above (Two Tel Tru 4 inch stem thermometers on smoker) and the Thermoworks internal probe was dead on with my Thermapen.

1. Applied very slight rub, (Jeff's all purpose) and bacon wrapped. The most tender pork I have ever eaten. It felt like
biting into soft butter. Superb.
2. Jerk rub and injected apple juice. So tender and excellent. Just needed a little more kick from the jerk rub.
3. Rubbed with Jeff's original rub (I applied way too much) and the loin was extremely juicy and fantastic, just had to
cut the crust off. Again my fault on application.

Took lots of notes, times, temps, wind, etc. and will take a bit to learn smoking and the pit but off to a great start thanks to each and everyone of ya. I smoked with a combination red oak and white oak (pecan is not dried enough yet) and the combination oaks seemed great to work great.

One last question and it's a biggie? It's only my wife and I and we definitely couldn't eat a 10 pound loin in one sitting (but I sure tried). How do I warm the loin without drying it out? The 3 pieces are still intact and I won't be warming any already cut slices.

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky