Whole Pork Loin w/ Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

m i z-b b q

Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Sikeston, MO
I fired up my Char-Broil Double Door Offset Smoker this weekend for a good ole pork loin. I wanted to try different recipes so I cut it down into three similarly sized cuts. I had posted in the forums asking about injection ideas and most of what I got back was that hardly anyone had tried it on a whole loin because the meat is much leaner and tighter than say a butt... But I said what the hell and did it anyways. I'm from Missouri, you gotta "Show-Me" hehe. Anyways I mainly used the same rub on all of them as I wanted to see if any real difference could be tasted with the separate injections.

Anyways on the the Q-View
u8ageved.jpg

I seasoned the far left one with my homemade rub that's pretty standard from what you hear from people on here with brown sugar garlic onion paprika etc and my injection was apple juice with brown sugar some of my rub and franks red hot sauce and salt. The middle one is the same rub with only beer injected, a Leine Sunset Wheat. The final one had the first injection with the same run but I wanted to try my hand on the famous "weave" I have seen around this forum. And let me tell ya it is something you learn because the first one I made was harder than expected, BUT I got her done.
4aje3y6y.jpg

Here we are in the smoker as i loaded them up. I kept then humming around 230 all afternoon with very minimal work as the mods I made to my smoker(which I also found on here) have made wonders of difference from my beginning unit.
e2yturem.jpg

Here's just a head shot of my baby!
a7uje4aj.jpg

Got the smoke rolling just how I like it! I used a mixture of apple and cherry chips and kingsford charcoal in the fire box with my custom charcoal basket
6aza3y9a.jpg

Final product just out of the smoker and resting.
ma2ahu2e.jpg

With my homemade rub and injection
zuvusenu.jpg

With my homemade rub and Leine injection
evusuhu5.jpg

And finally the "Woven" loin with the same homemade rub and injection

These actually turned out fairly great in my opinion. And the best part that when I asked my family which one they thought was the best they all had different favorites! You could really tell a difference between the injections and the bacon weave also helped give another distinct flavor! I am sold about my injector and will not hesitate to use it and I am very excited to come up with other injections! Thanks for checking it guys!!!

Luke

icon_cool.gif

Well atleast the family is happy if they all had different ones that they liked. One for each and next time try a pork loin wrapped with a cured pork bellie othr wise known as bacon. Super yummO

Looks like you had great results with all 3 of them - congrats 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky