Whole Picanha Santa Maria style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It was surprisingly hot down there, singed hair on my hands and forearms trying to put in with barehands. Had to get some tongs. Shucked corn and foiled individually with a little water. Potatoes were sliced hasselback and foiled with sliced butter. Probably about 2 hours for potatoes, half hour or so for corn. Thanks for looking.

Thank you to everyone for all the views, comments, and likes. Appreciate it. I just had total hip replacement surgery today. Because I have a physical/manual labor job I’ll be off work for almost 3 months. Gonna be doing a lot of cookouts this summer.

Looks fantastic!
I agree with you, that the SM grills are a lot of fun to use. Do you have a rotisserie for yours too? I used to spatch my chickens & cook them on the grate, but after getting a roti for the grill, my wife wants rotisserie chicken all the time now!
Al
Al, I assume you do the birds whole/intact now with the spinner? I have one in my Amazon Wish List and allegedly (Amazon said) someone recently purchased it for me, although I haven't seen it yet. There is still one daughter I didn't get to see on Father's Day, so....fingers crossed...LOL

Reactions: SmokinAl
Titan Outdoors, $119 free shipping If I remember correctly. Very well put together. No directions on assembly but pretty much common sense. A guy put an assembly video together on YouTube that’s pretty handy.
Nice job the SM is out of stock I am waiting for it to be back in.
Richie

Even though I don't know what a picanha is, yours looks fantastic.
Great pics in the post. The shot that made the carousel is the best shot I've yet seen.
Great job. I just might have to add a few new purchases to my equipment.
Gary
Even though I don't know what a picanha is, yours looks fantastic.
Great pics in the post. The shot that made the carousel is the best shot I've yet seen.
Great job. I just might have to add a few new purchases to my equipment.
Gary
They’re usually not found in US grocery stores. Go to a butcher shop, and ask for Picanha. If he doesn’t know what it is. Tell him Top Sirloin Cap. Leave fat cap on. Cook it any way you would cook a Tri tip. Picanha is better than Tri tip in my opinion

Attachments

• F563B33E-0DF3-4551-A622-A9FAC86608C1.jpeg
    F563B33E-0DF3-4551-A622-A9FAC86608C1.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 00B5B515-09AE-4D0E-9CDE-B174F20A3089.jpeg
    00B5B515-09AE-4D0E-9CDE-B174F20A3089.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: GaryHibbert
They’re usually not found in US grocery stores. Go to a butcher shop, and ask for Picanha. If he doesn’t know what it is. Tell him Top Sirloin Cap. Leave fat cap on. Cook it any way you would cook a Tri tip. Picanha is better than Tri tip in my opinion
D9BAF348-39F7-45E3-B7B0-7EE97408642E.jpeg

Reactions: GaryHibbert
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky