Whole Hog

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dcon

Original poster
Jan 2, 2022
Anyone in my area of Mt Airy MD that cater whole hog over wood or charcoal no gas for a family wedding ,love to do it myself but won't have the time that day, any recommendations would be appreciated, all i need is hog cooked no sides?. Don

Cooking whole hogs is fast becoming a lost art as many just don't do it much anymore, it's too easy to cook butts, ribs, etc. Growing up, that's all we ever did and the only place that I know of still doing it commercially is Rodney Scott in Hemingway, SC. Good luck in your search because a whole hog cooked over wood coals is phenomenal when done right, true pig pickin'...

Cooking whole hogs is fast becoming a lost art as many just don't do it much anymore, it's too easy to cook butts, ribs, etc. Growing up, that's all we ever did and the only place that I know of still doing it commercially is Rodney Scott in Hemingway, SC. Good luck in your search because a whole hog cooked over wood coals is phenomenal when done right, true pig pickin'...

Have a home built cinder block pit in my back yard with burn barrel for coals, cooked 4 to 5 hogs on it get better each time, my son wants me to cookone its for his wedding just don't think ill have the time that day or help pulling and chopping,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky