Whole hog

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ranch House

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 27, 2020
Defuniaksprings, Fl.
Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone getting into smoking there's so many different types of smokers out there nowadays it can get confusing. But it's basically all the same air intake, heat and exhaust. Great BBQ comes in many different ways. This hog was cooked in job box if your starting out start slow and learn how your smoker cooks. 19143873_428591527515504_8792513881149584829_o.jpg

Cuban microwave cooking it looks like, yep ya can make great food a lot of different ways, my problem is I love it all lol

Reactions: Ranch House
Added treat for the crew on the next few jobs! Of course they may just want to hang around the job box breathing in the smell instead of work!

Looks awesome, an 80# hog would not fit in my Lang 36”.
But someday I would like to try a smaller one in there!
Al
Al, that's a 48" box and there wasn't much room to spare. I recently bought 2-500 gallon propane tanks and built a insulated offset out of one. I'm thinking about making a hog cooker out of the 2nd one for big hogs.

Years ago, Bear Jr & I did a couple whole hogs in his big Oil Tank cooker, for his annual Tower Business BBQs.
It was way too much time consumed & too hard work, even though Bear Jr did most of it. We switched to just getting a couple Pork Butts & a Brisket instead. No Waste & a lot less work.

Bear

Years ago, Bear Jr & I did a couple whole hogs in his big Oil Tank cooker, for his annual Tower Business BBQs.
It was way too much time consumed & too hard work, even though Bear Jr did most of it. We switched to just getting a couple Pork Butts & a Brisket instead. No Waste & a lot less work.

Bear
Bear, I agree whole hog is more work and more waste but if you catering you can really impress the folks with a good hog.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky