Whole hog on the Lang Fatboy at Hogs For The Cause

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Congrats on the win and raising all that money for a great cause. Awesome thing man!

Also I see you had quite the double edged sword. Right next to the beer truck but on the other hand right next to the porta-johns. I would think the beer might over weigh the smell?

Reactions: 73saint
That's fantastic . Congratulations !
Thanks Chop!
Congrats on the win and raising all that money for a great cause. Awesome thing man!

Also I see you had quite the double edged sword. Right next to the beer truck but on the other hand right next to the porta-johns. I would think the beer might over weigh the smell?
Thanks Vol! Funny you mention that. I only noticed the smell one time the entire weekend, and it was at the most inopportune time.. while we were boxing the whole hog! Other than that it wasn’t so bad at all.

Excellent post

i have participated in whole hog many times for a school fundraiser.
After the cook we always talk that it should be sub butchered into front shoulder quarter, mid section, and hind quarters

Thanks for the likes saint and smoker 912 they are appreciated.

Not sure what its called in your area other than good but we call whole hog eating a pig pick.

Warren

Great job on the whole hog and congratulations on the win!
The family is wanting me to do a whole hog on the 60 D this summer and I'm stealing your idea of separating the rib plate from the loin!

Badass.....congratulations!!!👍
Thanks forktender!

Excellent post

i have participated in whole hog many times for a school fundraiser.
After the cook we always talk that it should be sub butchered into front shoulder quarter, mid section, and hind quarters
Agreed, but I think that's the whole challenge of it; preparing and cooking it whole, yet somehow avoiding the smaller cuts from being overdone.
Pure awesomeness and coolness! Congrats that hog was "the hog"!!
Thanks civilsmoker!
Wow, great job and congrats on 1st place.

Appreciate the work you do for charity too!

BIG LIKE

John
Thanks John!
Wow! Amazing cook(s) and for a great cause, big props to you! Those turn-in boxes, especially the 2nd pic look fantastic.
Thanks WaterRat! Every year, we try and improve. I struggle building a box, but I am trying to get better!
YEAP! awesome job! And congratulations!
Thank you, Yankee2bbq!
I'm in AWEEEEE... Saint.. "your the man" ... GREAT JOB

I also do a charity comp. each year... no where's near what y'all got going there though ... I also won this year doing a Brisket... $500 went to my local charity of choice (Boys and Girls Club) ...
Thanks JckDanls! Congrats on your win as well, a brisket win is a big one!
Great job on the whole hog and congratulations on the win!
The family is wanting me to do a whole hog on the 60 D this summer and I'm stealing your idea of separating the rib plate from the loin!
Steal away, I stole it myself hahaha!

WOW!!!!
Great job Saint. On the whole hog (first place, yet) and on all the money you folks raised for such a super cause.
My hat's off.
Gary
Thank you, Gary!
Awesome job ! Awesome cook ! Awesome cause !
Thanks 912smoker!
Wow! What a great event! Big like!
Thanks Disco!
You Americans are just effing awesome, you know that, right?
Haha! Thanks Lance!
So great that you got to do that and did so good. My hat is off to you!
Thank you brett!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky