Whole Chicken Wings finally, brined and smoked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Holy crap that is a MEAL! and I have to agree what a great day in the yard, that is a nice view!

Thanks civil for the like and the comment

Yes good meal and , we just love the yard and being on the water, lots of bass fishing, and Trout in the early spring/summer and fall when the water is cooler

David

• Love
Reactions: civilsmoker
Great looking food and yard!

I am doing wings tomorrow.

And I try to keep burgers in the freezer ready to go at any given time as well.

Wishing you a great weekend!

Thanks TH-n-PA for the love and the comment

We also like to have burgers and dogs in the freezer incase we don't have any fresh on hand
Enjoy the wings tomorrow ( don't forget to post them up ) and your weekend also.
Yes we love our yard, thanks

David

Those are some great looking wings! Whole meal looks good but now I have a craving for gravy fries! A very nice view...looks way better without all that white stuff!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Those are some great looking wings! Whole meal looks good but now I have a craving for gravy fries! A very nice view...looks way better without all that white stuff!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

Loved the wings , see I like them whole so I can say I only had 5 , if they were splits I would have to say I had 10, Ha Ha :emoji_laughing:
And the fries with the turkey gravy nice touch on Mona's part

As per the view.. much better than white and my worm for fishing does not just sit on top of the hard water 🎣

David

Wow David. What a great spread and a fantastic write-up. Beautiful meal and those wings were to die for. Glad you were able to pull off dinner for the whole family. Always nice to have guests but a little notice is also nice :emoji_wink: BTW, beautiful place you have there. Seen a few pics a while back in another thread but these really showcase the beauty of your surroundings.

Robert

Terrific wings, I hope to be able to eat some soon. Is it possible to post the reference to TNJAKE TNJAKE pickle juice brine. When I make mine, they are always super hot and some people can't handle it. Variation would be good.

David, I have been busy, but even so, I don't know how I missed this. Wings look great, nice color and gravy on the fries just puts the meal over the top. We have a restaurant in Charleston called the Tattooed Moose, https://tattooedmoose.com/tattooed-moose,-home-of-mike-s-famous-duck-club.html, and one of their signature dishes is fries cooked in duck fat with duck fat gravy.
Here's the recipe for their gravy...

If you're ever in Charleston, check it out. It is a hole-in-the-wall place, but the Duck Club is excellent...

Wow David. What a great spread and a fantastic write-up. Beautiful meal and those wings were to die for. Glad you were able to pull off dinner for the whole family. Always nice to have guests but a little notice is also nice :emoji_wink: BTW, beautiful place you have there. Seen a few pics a while back in another thread but these really showcase the beauty of your surroundings.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

It was a great meal. And yes a little notice would help.
If I had known I would have went to the bank so I could have bought more wings, LOL

But all good we will always fix something up if there are extra people.

And yes we love this spot. 1 of the few lakes in the area that you are allowed to have a motorized water crafts
in the Metro area.
Thank you for that, the Bass were biting good this morning

David

Terrific wings, I hope to be able to eat some soon. Is it possible to post the reference to TNJAKE TNJAKE pickle juice brine. When I make mine, they are always super hot and some people can't handle it. Variation would be good.

Thanks nefarious for the like and the comment

The wings were great , and next time I will let them soak longer, or inject the pickle juice.
As for a reference to Jake's way. he just told me to try the pickle juice next time after I used the Cajun Butter injection he told me about in one of my other posts
He has many times posted about the pickle brine, I just now, put in search "pickle juice brine" by TNjake and it came up with 10 or more references, I would have given you a link but too many to chose from, just try that.

Now you say your people find/found it too hot , what kind of pickle juice are you using. Most folks here are using Dill and others
I use bread and Butter as i am not a big dill fan.

David

David, I have been busy, but even so, I don't know how I missed this. Wings look great, nice color and gravy on the fries just puts the meal over the top. We have a restaurant in Charleston called the Tattooed Moose, https://tattooedmoose.com/tattooed-moose,-home-of-mike-s-famous-duck-club.html, and one of their signature dishes is fries cooked in duck fat with duck fat gravy.
Here's the recipe for their gravy...

If you're ever in Charleston, check it out. It is a hole-in-the-wall place, but the Duck Club is excellent...

Thanks Charles for the like and the comment
The wings were great , and fries with gravy is a must for me

Like the name Tattooed Moose, the gravy sounds interesting , thanks for the link
Don't know if I will make it to Charleston, But a very good customer of mine has a couple home there, so never say never. Maybe he will fly me in to work on his homes. lol :emoji_sunglasses::emoji_laughing:

David

Whole Chicken Wings finally, brined and smoked

I have no problem with splits , but I really wanted the full wings , so I could lock them and smoke. All the places I go sell them split which is a better price as you are not buying the tip.
So I found some at Walmart. Little pricy but I am special and I wanted them ,lol
I have been saving all my pickle juice and as TNJAKE TNJAKE mentioned to me to give it a try , so into a bag with the juice and in the fridge for 14 hours . Flipping and rubbing when ever I thought of it.

View attachment 635528 View attachment 635530

Took them out and dried off, Than used one of the spices I received from an older throwdown. Called Turkey rub, I tasted it and it smelt like how I make my stuffing . So gave it a try, It was real nice

View attachment 635532 View attachment 635531 View attachment 635533

So after I dusted them up with the Turkey Rub I locked the wings ( folded them ) they went into the smoker for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 275- 300 deg. with some Mesquite

View attachment 635535
View attachment 635534 View attachment 635536

Mona's family showed up for the evening right at supper time so ran to the freezer and grabbed some burgers to throw on the grill also,
Some wanted no cheese on the burgers ( that's just crazy, lol )

Through the wings on to crisp up the skin a little more while the burgers were cooking

View attachment 635539
View attachment 635541
View attachment 635545
View attachment 635544
Last 5 minutes or so I coated half the wings in a jerk glaze I had open .
Everyone loved the wings and there was nothing left after the meal , so that was good ( not really I love having a few to snack on later, ha ha ) oh well. :emoji_laughing:

Here is the plated shot of supper.
The brine added a nice sweet and sharp tang to the meat , I will do that again but maybe leave in the brine even longer. And the rub I will try on other items also , loved the taste and the smell

View attachment 635549

Oh yes Mona whipped up a package of turkey gravy as she was doing up all the fixens , bacon, onions, tomatoes etc

( I like fried and raw onions on my burgers )

View attachment 635546
View attachment 635547

It was a great day and glad the family showed up and eat all my food, but that's what I really love . That and a perfect day in the yard

View attachment 635548

Thanks for staying around for a little ,

David
David, I will never get tired of a view like that!!

I finally found whole large wings @ Sam's Club locally a month ago affordable. So I picked up 5 family pacs of them @ $2./# FINALLY! Wacked off the tips, did an overnight brine and seasoned them up 3 ways. 5 dozen in 3 bags in the freezer for lunches!

BTW, "I will never get tired of a view like that!!"

Looks real good from here David. I prefer whole wings and I'm lucky all of our local grocers sell them that way. I just smoked up some last night for the wife and I.

Point for sure
Chris

David, I will never get tired of a view like that!!

I finally found whole large wings @ Sam's Club locally a month ago affordable. So I picked up 5 family pacs of them @ $2./# FINALLY! Wacked off the tips, did an overnight brine and seasoned them up 3 ways. 5 dozen in 3 bags in the freezer for lunches!

BTW, "I will never get tired of a view like that!!"

Thanks Denny for the like and the comment

That is a great price , and I would have stocked up on them also. Smart to brine all at once and freeze up.

Thanks about the view . We love our little piece of Heaven. It is like glass right now . Shame I have to go to work
as I hear the fish calling my name.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky