Whole Chicken Wings finally, brined and smoked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Whole Chicken Wings finally, brined and smoked

I have no problem with splits , but I really wanted the full wings , so I could lock them and smoke. All the places I go sell them split which is a better price as you are not buying the tip.
So I found some at Walmart. Little pricy but I am special and I wanted them ,lol
I have been saving all my pickle juice and as TNJAKE TNJAKE mentioned to me to give it a try , so into a bag with the juice and in the fridge for 14 hours . Flipping and rubbing when ever I thought of it.

DSC_4999.JPG DSC_5001.JPG

Took them out and dried off, Than used one of the spices I received from an older throwdown. Called Turkey rub, I tasted it and it smelt like how I make my stuffing . So gave it a try, It was real nice

DSC_5003.JPG DSC_5002.JPG DSC_5004.JPG

So after I dusted them up with the Turkey Rub I locked the wings ( folded them ) they went into the smoker for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 275- 300 deg. with some Mesquite

DSC_5006.JPG

DSC_5005.JPG
DSC_5007.JPG

Mona's family showed up for the evening right at supper time so ran to the freezer and grabbed some burgers to throw on the grill also,
Some wanted no cheese on the burgers ( that's just crazy, lol )

Through the wings on to crisp up the skin a little more while the burgers were cooking

DSC_5010.JPG

DSC_5012.JPG

DSC_5016.JPG

DSC_5015.JPG

Last 5 minutes or so I coated half the wings in a jerk glaze I had open .
Everyone loved the wings and there was nothing left after the meal , so that was good ( not really I love having a few to snack on later, ha ha ) oh well. :emoji_laughing:

Here is the plated shot of supper.
The brine added a nice sweet and sharp tang to the meat , I will do that again but maybe leave in the brine even longer. And the rub I will try on other items also , loved the taste and the smell

DSC_5017.JPG

Oh yes Mona whipped up a package of turkey gravy as she was doing up all the fixens , bacon, onions, tomatoes etc

( I like fried and raw onions on my burgers )

DSC_5020.JPG

DSC_5021.JPG

It was a great day and glad the family showed up and eat all my food, but that's what I really love . That and a perfect day in the yard

DSC_5023.JPG

Thanks for staying around for a little ,

David

Attachments

• DSC_5008.JPG
    DSC_5008.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_5009.JPG
    DSC_5009.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_5011.JPG
    DSC_5011.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_5013.JPG
    DSC_5013.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_5014.JPG
    DSC_5014.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_5018.JPG
    DSC_5018.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_5019.JPG
    DSC_5019.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 17
All looks really good. My parents never put cheese on the burgers when they grill so I get it. But if the burger is done right it doesn't have to have cheese...still I like a nice slice or 2 of cheese on mine.

Haven't done whole wings for a while. Might have to see if I can find some around here.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
All looks really good. My parents never put cheese on the burgers when they grill so I get it. But if the burger is done right it doesn't have to have cheese...still I like a nice slice or 2 of cheese on mine.

Haven't done whole wings for a while. Might have to see if I can find some around here.

Thanks Brett for the comment

I guess it is an age thing as all 4 people that wanted no chees are in their 60's. LOL:emoji_wink::emoji_wink:
But for me like you, add the cheese , nothing wrong with that. For me the more the happier I am. Just like bacon

As for the whole wings , I like them better as it is a bigger piece of chicken. I know I could just eat more splits. And a waste to pay for the tips , but I not buying a hundred pounds at a time. I just like the whole wings :emoji_sunglasses:

David

Great looking food and yard!

I am doing wings tomorrow.

And I try to keep burgers in the freezer ready to go at any given time as well.

Wishing you a great weekend!

Fine looking spread David !
And I've been trying to catch wings on sale but no luck. May just have to splurge now as good as yours looks!

Keith

Sorry for late response David! I’ve been getting crushed between work and home! What an epic spread that just screams delicious summer! Awesome and beautiful cook Sir!

Thanks Jed for the comment
Don't ever worry about that, we are all busy, and I find it hard trying to read everything also lately
Just your basic fast great tasting foods, everyone was happy

David

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky