Whole Chicken recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbords

Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
clearwater, florida
Just did my first smoke Last weekend on my "EL Cheapo" after the mods of course and the chicken pieces and pork tenderloins with mesquite smoke can out great!! the info on this site is very helpful Thank you all, I'm looking for other reciepes for whole chickens to try out other than ones listed, looking for some home secret stuff  that people willing to share LOL Thanks again

I like smoking a whole chicken... when its close to done I finish it on the gas grill (on high heat, flipping the whole chicken around) to crisp up the skin... than i pull it and finish it w/ a homemade Bourbon Sauce... mmmm good!

icon_cool.gif

I would recommand that you go to the wiki section and fine Tip's Slaughter House Brine. Then just brine it over night and then smoke it with some light tsating woods like apple, cherry, or even alder. Then just smoke your bird to maybe 165* internal and then let it rest for about 10-20 minutes and then enjoy. So if you do that you will have some really yummO yard bird. So do something for us and do the Q-view

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky